Does it hack anybody else off ...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What really hacks me off...

Is that the things that really hack me off...

Are not allowed to be discussed here...

That really hacks me off...

@tmacklin - No budy toad me da road wood be ez...:grin:

I don't mind at all. Every time it is stated is an opportunity to do my best Spock impersonation and reply with the exact number.

I hate to break it to you, but "educated elites" don't use BC and AD at all any more. Now it's BCE and CE (Before Common Era. Common Era). Christ is out the window.

It's not so much a knock at religion. BC/AD are considered inaccurate since scholars now believe Jesus was born in 4 BC.

Nope doesn't bother me in the slightest!
Rounding very large numbers has been done in Science forever. Not intended to be Exact and generally the laymen stating such use the word approximately.

Since Stephen Hawkin's used the 186,000 figure in his Essay "Black Holes & Baby Universes...if it's good enough for him...it's plenty good enough for the rest of us:)

What really does Burn My Donkey....is a flame about 2.5ft High.

Last edited:
I can think of many other things that hack me off . . . this one wouldn't make the list, lol.

... When a supposedly "scientific" teevee show cites the speed of light as "186,000 miles per second," instead of the accurate figure of 186,282?

I mean, that last 282 miles per second does matter -- 282 miles per second is a little more than 1 million MPH.

Excuse me while I shake my fist at the teevee again. Grrrrrrrrr. :bang:

What difference does it make what the exact speed of light is; so long as you can do the Kessel Run in less than five parsecs.

All I know is that when visiting London you can never find a hack when you really need one.

You know what really hacks me off?

Chainsaw juggling.

2011-09-26-09-08-38-webchainsaw.jpg

I really enjoyed that video. Would love to shoot an M134 sometime. Probably not going to happen though . . .

Yeah! Or auto vs. semi-auto!

[video=youtube;rRSk6iLwK_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRSk6iLwK_g[/video]

I'll tell you what really grinds my gears, pisses in me Wheaties and occasionally frosts my balls. It's that damn Pi thing! Who in the hell dreamed up that nonsense? Probably the same sadistic moron who concocted the square root of 2.

That's it! I've had it! If 74 decimal points is good enough for Hawkings then it's good enough for me! :facepalm:

I'll tell you what really grinds my gears, pisses in me Wheaties and occasionally frosts my balls. It's that damn Pi thing! Who in the hell dreamed up that nonsense? Probably the same sadistic moron who concocted the square root of 2.

That's it! I've had it! If 74 decimal points is good enough for Hawkings then it's good enough for me! :facepalm:

I've always wondered if God was frustrated about that when He created the universe. He probably could have found a way to make pi come out to an integer, but it was getting late and He had to move on to other issues like getting amino acids to turn themselves into life forms.

I've always wondered if God was frustrated about that when He created the universe. He probably could have found a way to make pi come out to an integer, but it was getting late and He had to move on to other issues like getting amino acids to turn themselves into life forms.

It's like when you rush sanding before moving on to painting, and you're not satisfied with the final results. He should have sanded off everything after the decimal point. The universe would be a lot smoother.

Some of you guys need to get laid or something, got a lot of pent up energy that needs to be released.

I don't know of any scientific TV shows. Unless you count mermaids, megalodon, or VVVthis guyVVV as "scientific".:y:

9148130.jpg

I always love that show when they say "According to ancient astronaut theorists..." right after a real scientist has stated something.... Big guffaws all around.

I always love that show when they say "According to ancient astronaut theorists..." right after a real scientist has stated something.... Big guffaws all around.

I used to like the show as a stupid guilty pleasure, but I think it's played out and used up all its "material" at this point.

Forget Hawking, what would Data say?

[YOUTUBE]6xijhqU8r2A[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I used to like the show as a stupid guilty pleasure….

Guilty pleasure or not, I love the show. I don't want to ever be so educated that I stop asking "why not or what if"? That's where the sweet spot in life lies. It's why children are happier than adults, they have not learned to shut all the doors yet.

Back