• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Built 54mm Carbon Rocket, new never flown

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
EDIT: SOLD

Parts List Used During Build:
- Carolina Composites 54mm carbon cloth based tube, 34” long booster tube
- Carolina Composites 54mm carbon cloth based tube, 9” long upper airframe
- 3 fins .130” thick carbon plate (from ACP)
- Performance Rocketry pure filament wound carbon coupler tube, 6” long, attaches to upper airframe with (3) 4-40 countersunk screws into PEM nuts
- Performance Rocketry 54mm black pure filament wound fiberglass nose cone with stepped aluminum tip and longer piece of nose cone shoulder coupler. Nose cone coupler slides into the airframe 3 inches, which is about twice as long as normal.
- Build thread here: https://indianarocketry.fr.yuku.com...n-Mach-Madness-2014-build?page=1#.VS0t_JOul2Q

Construction:
- JB Weld for external fillets
- 1 layer of 5.7 oz. plain weave CF with a 4.0 oz. fiberglass veil over the carbon cloth. Laminations were done with Aeropoxy, which was then post-cured to 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fin can was painted with Dupli-color engine enamel primer and Chevy Orange paint.
- .250” single vent holes drilled between the upper airframe and booster section and .125” single vent holes are dilled in the booster and upper airframe.
- Dry weight of the rocket is 2.32 lbs.

Why selling:
- Local fields do not support the altitudes this rocket will get to on max motors
- Currently less interested in minimum diameter and more interested in on-board video
- Free up space/funds for other projects
- I will donate $25.00 to Marian & Mark Hayes cancer fund once sold

Bottom line:
- I have >$325 into the rocket, asking price is $220.00 cash. I would prefer to deliver this rocket locally if possible before I go down the shipping route. I can deliver the rocket most IL, WI, and IN launches such as QCRS, TWA, WOOSH, Prairie State Rocketry, etc… If I am unable to sell the rocket locally, I will let you all know once I am ready/able to ship and will also be able to get you a quote based on your zip code. Interested international customers would need to pay for actual shipping cost. As stated above, I will donate $25.00 to Marian & Mark Hayes cancer fund assuming the rocket gets sold.

Please send me a PM or email to hprjf AT aol DOT com if interested.

Thank you,

Carbon rocket 1.JPG Carbon rocket 2.JPG Carbon rocket 8.JPG Carbon rocket 7.JPG Carbon rocket 6.JPG Carbon rocket 5.JPG Carbon rocket 4.JPG Carbon rocket 3.JPG

Last edited:
Justin: Very nice build. I am not interested, but which altimeter did you drill the sled for?

FYI:
Anyone looking at this rocket be advised....Justin builds premiere projects.
You would be hard pressed to find another built better, or with more attention to detail.
I have seen his projects personally & they fly wonderful.
He's been at it for quite awhile and this one would be a proud addition to any fleet!
I doubt you could replicate this for anywhere near his price.

Last edited:
I will second CJ's comments having seen many of his projects. Justin is one of the best rocketeers and builders going. Buy the rocket- you will not be disappointed.

Rocket is sold, another donation sent to Marian & Mark Hayes cancer fund... :)

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
Back