The 2 Mile High Club.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onebadhawk

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I would like to offer a hearty congratulations to Coleman M of The Radical Rocketeers of Great Meadows New Jersey........
Coleman is 17 years on this Earth.........
On Sunday 4/12/2015 at Red Glare with MDRA in Maryland he achieved a flight greater than 11,000 ft........
The flight went perfectly as did the recovery......... ( Though it was quite a walk,,, lol... ).....
In my humble opinion that is quite a feat......
We all know how easily a flight,, even a fairly simple flight, can go awry....
An 11,000 ft flight is no joke....
Coleman is a NAR Junior level 1 ,,, this flight was accomplished on a level 2 load under the rules of the Tripoli mentoring program....
I am quite proud of Coleman and am proud to be a part of the flight...

Coleman is going to cert level 2 the month before LDRS at the Radical Rocketeers launch the week after his 18th birthday............

LDRS------- Look out.............lol.....

Teddy

Sounds like someone who needs to get his L2 *and* L3 on his 18th birthday! Congrats.

Coleman: Congratulations, and great job.

Teddy: I think your keyboard is broken; it seems that the punctuation keys have a terrible bouncing problem.

Coleman: Congratulations, and great job.

Teddy: I think your keyboard is broken; it seems that the punctuation keys have a terrible bouncing problem.

Noooooooo
They work fine.............................

lol...

Teddy

That's still better at my last flight there over 10k.
It was about 150 yards on the other side of the rd.

JD

That's still better at my last flight there over 10k.
It was about 150 yards on the other side of the rd.

JD

Yeah it ended up 900-ish yards from the flightline, apogee was probably 250-ish yards that direction and it drifted the rest of the way on the descent. It was quite an easy recovery, I just drove around and pulled off into a little dirt road and only had to walk 200-ish yards from the road to get it, GPS is just awesome :)

Breaking 2-miles was even more exciting because I didn't expect it to be able to; my simulations with flights to 3-4,000' seemed to indicate it wouldn't, so it was a really nice surprise to see over the telemetry data that it hit 11K+!

Plus my Pink Panther hit 9,736', short ~750' for the 2 mile mark; if only anyone still made an ogive FG NC, using one would have easily pushed me over the mark.

Sounds like someone who needs to get his L2 *and* L3 on his 18th birthday! Congrats.

Thanks! Haha, my dream L3 project is a flying-case design for the upcoming Loki 54/4000 Red M :drool: Just a little to high for our waiver though :rofl:

For now, I'll be very happy with trying out some 38/1200 loads and maybe trying a 54mm MD with the CTI K1440 to try to break M3 - sims to be by far the fastest 54mm out there outside the 54/4000's.

Very cool Coleman,,
I'd love to see you build a 54 minimum d ...........
If you did that I bet you'd be heading out to Midwest Power right ??? lol...

Teddy

Back