Need a name

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube;EYTdIGMhSE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYTdIGMhSE8[/video]

In case you guys want to see the motor being used.

Hmmm.........perhaps.Does paint apply to that as well?

That is correct. Paint and optional name are earned after a successful flight- not before. Most of my scratch rockets have no name. There are a few that have/had names. For reference my home field is Bong Rec Area.

1) A glassed, extended, dual deploy Loc Vulcanite name the Swamp Seeker. Departed amongst the very tops of some really tall trees.
2) The improved upon L2 bird. Very sturdy 4" airframe laminated with Kevlar sock, dual deploy called The Utility Rocket
3) Glassed 38mm minimum D, dual deploy. Lost on successful flight but the tracked must have broken loose smashing it as I lost signal on ascent. Designed while watching a show about Robert Oppenheimer so the rocket was named Destroyer of Worlds.

Sun Seeker

Out of this World

Retriever

Mind-blower

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Gravity!

The possibilities are endless.... :)

"Hoe Lee Shite"
"Gone Girl"
"Yowza!"
"O MG" (For the O motor; too subtle?)
"A Hole in the Sky (Where My Money Goes)" (Also for the O motor)

Last edited:
Still Undecided?

3 - Fins...

30K - Feet...

Gone3

As in gone to the power of 3...

no longer present, departed, ect...

"Ablation" ... because at Mach 3 it will be happening...

I have to admit I like "BBQ Platypus" though.

Oh-Bee-1 Ken-O-bee or OB1 Ken-O-bee

'The Force is Strong With This One ' 'Your Eyes Can Deceive You' '"Look at the Size of that Thing' 'Traveling Through Hyperspace ain't like Dusting Crops, farm boy ' 'Great shot kid, that was one in a million'

Kenny

Last edited:
Back