TRA membership renewal. Do they remind you?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I think sometime in July my TRA membership will be up for renewal. Do they usually send you an e-mail reminder, or snail mail, or is the member responsible for tracking that? Can you just accidentally expire without any notification?

Don't count on it. You can go to the TRA website any time, click membership, then renewal and process the renewal online.

Last edited:
I think sometime in July my TRA membership will be up for renewal. Do they usually send you an e-mail reminder, or snail mail, or is the member responsible for tracking that? Can you just accidentally expire without any notification?

Yep, you should get a renewal notice in the mail, between 60 and 45 days before the expiration date on your membership card...At least that's been my experience...

As a side note: For those that have changed residency, updating their new address with TRAHQ helps insure timely receipt of renewal notice, etc...

Got my letter a few days ago in the mail (7 weeks in advance). Paid it right away.

It would be nice if you could buy life membership like the NRA...

TRA does not sell life memberships. There is a life membership committee and they give out about one per year, although some years one is not awarded. It is given for service to the organization .

M

My membership expires at the end of April each year and every year that I've been a member of TRA, Deb always sends me a renewal form in the mail almost exactly a month before my expiration. Received mine about 3 weeks ago, executed and returned that next day.

Back