QCRS Launch Saturday April 18th, 2015 - Princeton, IL (Midwest Power Site)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
Are you coming, what are you flying?

3" motor deploy, CTI I-345 WT, Mobius HD camera

4" DD, (3) grain 75mm blue made by ChuckH, Mobius HD camera as well

Justin,

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday. Hope to fly the following:

3" DD, CTI K515 SK
38MM MD, CTI J600 RL
4" DD, CTI L3200 VM

I plan on being there Saturday. I plan on flying

Modified Estes V2 on either a 3 or 4 grain Pro38.
4" Pinky the crayon on a I350 or I303
Might fly something else....muahaha

Either going to QCRS or Michianna depending on weather. Either way I'll be attempting my L1 on an I327DM and my L2 on a J295.I'm also hoping to fly my other rocket on a I540

Guess that means I should start preppin a rocket. My Endeavour is ready to go. I got a 54mm 5g something or other down in the basement ready for that one. And my LMTV will get prepped for a L805w maybe?????

Adrian

Going to the PSR launch in DeKalb. Have to be in Joliet by 2pm.

Guess that means I should start preppin a rocket.

For the record, Adrian is not as slow as I am in prepping a rocket. (Although it should be noted that nobody takes longer than Gus at the pad.)

I had a recent work schedule change than may allow me to be present, but as luck would have it I am knee-deep in a major redesign / rebuild of my avionics sleds and was stoopid enough to do them all at once instead of leaving one flyable for pop-up opportunities like this. So, I'll try and throw something together on Friday when I get home, but will probably be from my NEA fleet and in the "motor-deploy apogee zone".

Sather

For the record, Adrian is not as slow as I am in prepping a rocket. (Although it should be noted that nobody takes longer than Gus at the pad.)

I had a recent work schedule change than may allow me to be present, but as luck would have it I am knee-deep in a major redesign / rebuild of my avionics sleds and was stoopid enough to do them all at once instead of leaving one flyable for pop-up opportunities like this. So, I'll try and throw something together on Friday when I get home, but will probably be from my NEA fleet and in the "motor-deploy apogee zone".

Sather

Sather,

Thanks for the moral support...
Turns out I don't have a 5g motor in the basement, and if I really want to fly the LMTV, I'll have to buy a L motor from Tim. So, since I don't want to buy 2 motors in one weekend, I guess I'll just fly the LMTV*.

* L motor test vehicle :wink:

Adrian

What is the condition of the field this time off year? Any corn or old stalks? Wet spots?

No corn stalks. Farmers have probably planted seeds. As far as wet spots, we are at the mercy of the weather this week. We have had some rain, there might be some damp areas. If the weather holds out between now and Saturday morning it's looking like it's going to be a good day.

Coming out of hibernation :). I plan to attend.

Not sure what I will bring yet, but I will find something to fly.

Would love to join you all but a family function will keep me away. Hope you have a great day and please post pics!

Arrrgh!!!
Sometimes being an hourly employee is a pain, but as I've been offered OT for Saturday, and OT pays for the rocketry, I'm gonna have to bow out of Saturday's festivities. I would run out after work, but the GF has a work party thing that I have to go to which doesn't leave me enough time to go from S Elgin to Princeton back to S Elgin by 4pm
:mad:

Adrian

Arrrgh!!! ... I'm gonna have to bow out of Saturday's festivities. I would run out after work, but the GF has a work party thing that I have to go to which doesn't leave me enough time to go from S Elgin to Princeton back to S Elgin by 4pm
:mad:

Adrian

You need one of these...

2012-Camaro-ZL1-Side-View.jpg

Sather

I heard THAT!:eek: Took a little while for the echo to get down here though.....

I heard THAT!:eek: Took a little while for the echo to get down here though.....

Gus is alive!! I was starting to wonder if you pointed the big rig west and just never turned back! When will we see you again, tomorrow?? Mini Midwest Power??? Do tell, the suspense is killing me!!

Gus is alive!! I was starting to wonder if you pointed the big rig west and just never turned back! When will we see you again, tomorrow?? Mini Midwest Power??? Do tell, the suspense is killing me!!

Steve, if you could call me in the morning...Right now I'm running my last turn of the week. :D

Wonder how many rockets you can stuff in this bad boy.

1. (1) Madcow Massive Frenzy (5.5" dia.) broken down...
2. (1) CTI 98mm 6XL Motor casing-pre loaded.
3. (1) Madcow Bomarc.
4. (1) Bag filled full of a *Boatload O' 29mm CTI Motors*.
5. (1) Monster Stanely brand toolbox.
6. (1) Monster 60's era Coleman cooler with {18} 24oz. Mountain Dews....
7. (1) Bag of wadding and, Skyangle Cert. 3 Chute.
8. (1) Addias duffel bag.
9. (1) Backpack containing a Laptop computer.
10. (1) Carton of Cigarettes.....

Not much else.... Trust me....;)

Waiver called in and team Hot Tub has the truck loaded. See y'all in the AM

Steve, if you could call me in the morning...Right now I'm running my last turn of the week. :D

1. (1) Madcow Massive Frenzy (5.5" dia.) broken down...
2. (1) CTI 98mm 6XL Motor casing-pre loaded.
3. (1) Madcow Bomarc.
4. (1) Bag filled full of a *Boatload O' 29mm CTI Motors*.
5. (1) Monster Stanely brand toolbox.
6. (1) Monster 60's era Coleman cooler with {18} 24oz. Mountain Dews....
7. (1) Bag of wadding and, Skyangle Cert. 3 Chute.
8. (1) Addias duffel bag.
9. (1) Backpack containing a Laptop computer.
10. (1) Carton of Cigarettes.....

Not much else.... Trust me....;)
Great list!

Great launch day...
I'll have a new nosecone ready for that V2 Sport for next month... The H399 is purchased and waiting...
Yep. And it'll light the first time we push the button. Promise.

Great day!!! Thanks to everybody who showed up and a double thanks to everybody who helped out with set up and tear down. Justin, as always, thanks for doing what you do with the video camera. We all look forward to the posted ling to the you tube video. The board members have made final detail decisions about the Memorial day launch. All I can say is, get your rockets prepped and be ready to have another good time. Hope to see everybody there.

Hey Foxy!!! Remember that time when you made plans to come to next months launch......get planning, I expect to see you there!!

Thanks again to all and it was great to see everybody.

We want information...pictures...video....If we don't have evidence...IT didn't happen! :lol:

Just kidding, i know the weather was great and, the turn out was probably very heavy. I know when i got home from work yesterday at 2:45pm that i missed an awesome day at Princeton. (Note to the "Choir Boys"- WHO SCHEDULED ALL of your launches this year on Saturdays! :mad:)

I'll start prepping something wicked for the Memorial Day event and, will see you all there...I have a NEW four wheeled toy and, its time to get it out.

Plus i have to correct myself, its: Adidas (named for Adolf Dassler) nicht-Addias. For a bag that can fit in a 2013 ZL1 Camaro, along with a boatload of rocket mayhem.

You would think i would know that....Auf wiedersehen mein freunden! :p See you all at Mini Midwest 2015...:p

Can't wait for Memorial weekend launch, I'm finally off a weekend that you guys are launching.

Let the countdown begin....34 days

John

Justin, as always, thanks for doing what you do with the video camera. We all look forward to the posted ling to the you tube video.

Uploading to Youtube now... :)

I had one good flight, thank you again ChuckH for the motor. Went 9571' and turned in a pretty cool on-board video as well!

Back