Mid-Power µRail launch pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMZawodny

Reaction score
I finished the Mid-Power µRail pad today. The rail is 2m long MiSumi beam, not the OpenBeam. The buttons are 3-48 SS truss head screws and nylon shoulder washers. Here are few pics of the finished pad and some detail shots of my design choices. The rocket, shown for scale, is a 38 Special by Rocketry Warehouse.

For whatever reason, I cannot upload photos here anymore, so here they are on flickr.

Nice looking pad. It should be very stabile. Give us a launch report on she works.

That's really great looking. Does the rail simply slide down into the PVC tubing?

Yes, the 15mm rail is a near perfect fit to 3/4" schedule 40 PVC. I plan to secure it with either a clip or a thumb screw even though it is not easy to pullout.

Yes, the 15mm rail is a near perfect fit to 3/4" schedule 40 PVC. I plan to secure it with either a clip or a thumb screw even though it is not easy to pullout.

I really like the launch pad. How did you secure the blast deflector on? Is it all Misumi parts? I made a pad from some PVC which works, but it's not very nice looking.

The blast deflector is held on by a bent tab where I notched the SS plate and a pair of steel L-brackets I bent. All of the nuts and bolts are SS 3mm. The C-channel is 5/8" aluminum. The PVC includes a couple of odd parts - single and double side-outlet crosses. I fiddled a lot with the bits and pieces before the final design appeared as if by magic.

Last edited:
Back