Got my new tripoli card in the mail.. It says I'm a level 1. I'm an L2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halcro1

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to hard to figure this out.. Now what.. The phone mailbox is full... Horrible business..

Typos and stuff happens. Get in touch with deb[at]tripoli.org. I'm sure she will take care of your card. Please note that TRA is not a business and allow for couple of days, in case life gets in the way.

Reinhard

Next they'll take your stapler...

office-space-stapler-o.gif

Doesn't seem to hard to figure this out.. Now what.. The phone mailbox is full... Horrible business..

They pump out thousands of these things every year, each individualised. So one is wrong for some reason. No need to be mean. Act like an adult instead of a petulant kid.

They pump out thousands of these things every year, each individualised. So one is wrong for some reason. No need to be mean. Act like an adult instead of a petulant kid.

+1 and send him a L0 or even better his money back with no card.

My god. How on earth did they not know the great and powerful you is an L2!!! Heads will roll for this I'm sure.

I'm calling the national guard. Nothing less than 20 armed men will suffice as a response to this indignity. Once the ID machine is secured, it will be broken into thre parts, loaded into three identical heliocoptrs and flown to your location with five dummy choppers as bait going to other locations. Then TRA staff will be forced to immediately make you a new card, but this time with flashing LEDs under the L2 designation.

Retractions will also be printed front page of every newspaper in the country. This injustice must be corrected.

Or you know, send them an email a wait a couple days. Whichever.

How is this mean? Because I said horrible business... Yer funny...

Thanks my cards from the last two years say L2 but the list says L1

And so the plot thickens. Bah bah bhammmm.

Tune in next week to find out if our crusty Tripoli L2 stays with Tripoli to do his rocket business or does he go to NAR for the free magazine.

Contact TRA or use you TAP or prefect to help initiate contact. Few of the TRA organizational staff visit the forum, so posts here will probably not help.

Mike,

I did a little digging into this for you. It looks like the L2 status was taken away due to a delay in the several planned launches of a certain Gizmo XL. I'm sure this can all be cleared up with a drag race next month. Heck, I will even recover BOTH rockets. TRA headquarters said this would be all you would need to do to get this sorted out. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Seriously, I can look into it for you on Monday. I'm sure its no problem getting this resolved with a phone call from "The Mafia":wink::bangbang:

Ummmm, I think a little email to HQ would suffice instead of a public post. One can jerk the 'ire of a variety of caustics that know no sympathy.:jaw: But really, the contact should be between you and them not a public forum. Next would be like Chuck mentions a prefect or TAP. No need to come here to a sometimes "critical" (justifiably so in this case) peanut gallery. Kurt

You need to calm down Deb will get this straightened out in no time. Send her an email, explain what is up, and it will be taken care of.

How is this mean? Because I said horrible business... Yer funny...

My reply was probably more harsh than it should have been and I apologise. This is the reply I should have made.

There is a real person responsible for turning over thousands of these every year, each personalised. That person is one of the nicest people in rocketry and the day she eventually moves on will be a sad one for thousands of Tripoli members. Your post seemed unnecessarily critical for such a minor issue and I'm sure this is why you've received so many defensive replies. Please just send an email and the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

People seem to react way too quickly these days in wanting to assign fault when things happen, or don't happen per their expectations.
I am old school, I guess, as I was always taught that I should walk a mile in someone else's shoes before being critical..
Sometimes things happen and no one is to blame. That's just part of life..

My reply was probably more harsh than it should have been and I apologise. This is the reply I should have made.

There is a real person responsible for turning over thousands of these every year, each personalised. That person is one of the nicest people in rocketry and the day she eventually moves on will be a sad one for thousands of Tripoli members. Your post seemed unnecessarily critical for such a minor issue and I'm sure this is why you've received so many defensive replies. Please just send an email and the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

I am always impressed when anyone is willing to apologize for anything nowadays. Kudos to your humility.

Back