Eggfinder LCD Battery?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimus

Reaction score
I can't find recommended batteries for the Eggfinder LCD, other than the 4AA battery box it comes with. Does anyone run 2S lipos on theirs? I don't imagine the extra 1.4 volts would hurt anything, but I want to check before I cook something.

Cris does an excellent job documenting this on his site, here is an excerpt:

Note that if you are NOT going to use the battery box and decide to use a 2S/7.4V LiPo batteryinstead, you will have to come up with a battery connector (probably a JST), a switch, andsome way of mounting the battery pack (double-sticky Velcro should be OK). If you go withthe LiPo option, we recommend that you get a battery rated at least 750 mAH, 1000 mAH ormore is better. It will also have to fit into the case, so it can’t be more than about 80mm x80mm x 20mm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gotta love you guys. Looked around on the site and couldn't find that.

I am using a 1300mah 3s lipo in mine. The voltage regulator is rated to around 20v I believe, but I emailed Cris just to be sure. Just be sure to have the polarity correct, or it will burn up the lcd and rf modem. Ask me how I know...

Hobby King has an wide selection of 2S lipo's and very good prices.

I choose a 1300 mah battery based on the physical size (nicely listed on the hobby king website) it gives good run time, and fits the custom box I used.

2015-03-25 16.34.15.jpg

23818.jpg

I just ordered a batch of 800mah batteries from HobbyKing via Amazon. They're small enough to use as flight batteries, and large enough to use for the LCD, and they were a good price. And if I discover I need more juice, I can double up the battery in the LCD.

Back