HELP! Where To Order Un-Bent Makerbeam

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I just had my day ruined by UPS and Amazon once again. I ordered the 1500mm Makerbeam 2 Pack, and ofcourse they packaged it horribly and then UPS decided it would be fun to bend it.:(
I went on Amazons Site, and all they will do is sent a return label and the UPS truck to pick it up, then I'll have to wait til' they get it back for my refund to be issued.
Anyhow, I am totally Pi$$ed that they packed it so poorly.
Where else can I order this where they will maybe pack it better and send it via USPS???
It sucks extra bad because I got my Micro-Buttons today, and was hoping to fly this weekend.:(:(:(:(:(

F%$^&$ Up RAILS 2015-04-10 003.jpgF%$^&$ Up RAILS 2015-04-10 004.jpg

I'm going to put together a bunch of stuff to trade for one 1500mm Makerbeam Rail and see if I get any offers in the Yard Sale Section.
They come in 2 Packs so maybe someone has an extra?

Last edited:
Amazon is usually pretty excellent with customer service. Everytime i have a problem like this they 1-dayed the replacement shipping. Try it, use Chat.

I posted this elsewhere, but I've gone through something similar today as well. Except that in my case, FedEX called me to say wouldn't be delivering, since the box was open and empty. After contacting Amazon, I found out they are simply a storefront for Makerbeam here, they do not stock or inventory the beams. Instead, they are drop shipped from the manufacturer rep's warehouse. The poor packing is not Amazon's fault, and is probably the root cause of why both major delivery companies had difficulty with it. What that also means is that even if you find another vendor, there is no guarantee that the problem won't be repeated. It might be luck of the draw either way, but at least with Amazon, you have recourse so that you can be refunded if the shipment goes bad. I've already reordered mine, though if the second time goes bad I'll have to rethink this.

FWIW, you can still salvage what you've got. Given the nature of the design, you can section out the bend area and splice the two straight parts back together with suitable brackets in the side channels. It isn't a total loss, though not ideal by a long shot...

Amazon is usually pretty excellent with customer service. Everytime i have a problem like this they 1-dayed the replacement shipping. Try it, use Chat.

I'll try to figure that out. Thanks for the tip.

As for now, I'm going to post some of the stuff I've accumulated for trade in the Yard Sale section.

I've had a few conversations with Amazon reps on the chat and I can honestly say none have been as happy and upbeat as that one.... Awesome!

Back