Stickershock Mark-- "Go Fund Me"...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onebadhawk

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Just a quick story....
My niece Nichole and her fiance were in there new apartment in Jersey City..
It was perfect for them and took many months to find..
It was their 2nd month in the apartment..
It was in a building above a produce market...
They smelled smoke..
Their was flame..
They had zero time...
They got out at 10 PM in their pajamas...
The building was totally consumed,, it made the news...
Someone started a "Go Fund Me" for them...
The response and effectiveness and help was just astounding...
They had literally nothing,, this started their lives over...

This is a great site,, a great idea,,, and a great resource....
This is the link to the "Go Fund Me" fund that Tony K (Tonimus) has so graciously set up for Mark and Marion Hayes....

https://www.gofundme.com/stickershock23/

Wait till you see how effective this can be with a community like ours in rocketry........
This is such a wonderful thing.....
I know it's going to do amazing for them just at a time when they need it most......
This is just going to astound Mark and Marion.....

Thank you all for being a part of this amazing community...........

Ted Chernok.........

Teddy, thanks to Tony K and you for posting this. My twin brothers wife just spent most of 2014 fighting breast cancer and I'm happy to say that all her latest tests came back clean. Some of you know I had a little experience at raising money for cancer. I raffled off the Gizmo in my avatar at Airfest last year for $500. My sister-in-law had a site setup, very similar to Mark's site, for donations for her treatment expenses and we raised almost $9000. Cancer treatment is VERY expensive and even if Mark has insurance, there will be LOTS of bill's and other expenses that wont be covered. It's so easy to donate and it doesn't have to be $$$, just what ever you can afford. These donations will go a LONG way in easing the stress and worry on Mark and Marian.

Teddy, thanks to Tony K and you for posting this. My twin brothers wife just spent most of 2014 fighting breast cancer and I'm happy to say that all her latest tests came back clean. Some of you know I had a little experience at raising money for cancer. I raffled off the Gizmo in my avatar at Airfest last year for $500. My sister-in-law had a site setup, very similar to Mark's site, for donations for her treatment expenses and we raised almost $9000. Cancer treatment is VERY expensive and even if Mark has insurance, there will be LOTS of bill's and other expenses that wont be covered. It's so easy to donate and it doesn't have to be $$$, just what ever you can afford. These donations will go a LONG way in easing the stress and worry on Mark and Marian.

Bill you're 100% correct...
Whatever you can afford...
It'll add up quicker then you think...
Wait till you see what this community can do...
Everybody coming together..
It'll just be wonderful to see and watch...

Teddy

I just wanted some way to help out. If anyone has any more information on Mark and Marian, I'll throw it up on the site. I figured I'd pull some history off of his site, but he's already pulled the plug on his website. So, if anyone has anything they'd like me to post let me know.

Wow, I had no idea this was going on. I just got finished working with Mark on a set of decals for my LOC Cyclotron.
Even with this unsettling news he finished them up and shipped them out.
Mark is a hell of a good guy,
I'll be making a donation tomorrow...

Done. Thanks Tony for setting this up. Mark lives just up the road form my SIL in Utah and I can't tell you what a stand up guy he is. Makes me happy we can support him in this!

Done.... Go on .. help a mate that you've never met (even if you have met them)!!

Hope things get better soon.

Flyers Mark and Wife could use our help. Give a little it might even make you feel good about helping out.

UPDATE:

$703 in 24 hours! That's awesome! I'm not going to update the goal once we reach it, I'm just going to let it sit while we hopefully blow past it. Also, unless someone has told him, he hasn't logged in since before we started donating. Which means he'll have at least that much of a surprise waiting for him when he logs back in.

Last edited:
I don't know what to say... Im so overwhelmed by the help and support from this forum and all its outstanding people..

from people I have met and flown with to friends for years.. to customers I've met and some I've never met.. to some I never even really heard of.. for everything you guys and ladies are doing for us I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.. with tears in my eyes..

tony shoot me an e-mail tell me what you need. I have pictures anything.. it might take me a day or two to get back to you but i'll do what I can.. and special thank you to you!! im speechless. and grateful we do have insurance but its VERY minimal.. were working on getting more and some grants etc.. but yest every bit helps... thank you

Teddy.. special thanks to you. you know you have gone way above and beyond..

I dont know what the future brings.. but with people like the ones here.. it has to be good!

I'll keep posting on the thread I started with updates as I know..

again thank you ... ALL OF YOU.. I hope we will all be sitting around the campfires talking about the BEST flying days every very soon!

Mark and Marian Hayes

Sad news. Didn't know Marian was diagnosed with cancer. Someone please share where Mark is posting the updates. I don't know Mark and Marian other than through this forum and the Stickershock23 website. Have not ordered from them before, but was getting ready to for a couple projects nearing the finishing stages. I'll wait on that, but will definitely make a donation.

I work for a company that develops, produces and sells biological cancer medicines (both primary and supportive treatments). Cancer treatment has come a long way, but I know first hand it is not cheap. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and Marian.

Last edited:
Sad news. Didn't know Marian was diagnosed with cancer. Someone please share where Mark is posting the updates. I don't know Mark and Marian other than through this forum and the Stickershock23 website. Have not ordered from them before, but was getting ready to for a couple projects nearing the finishing stages. I'll wait on that, but will definitely make a donation.

I work for a company that develops, produces and sells biological cancer medicines (both primary and supportive treatments). Cancer treatment has come a long way, but I know first hand it is not cheap. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and Marian.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?124594-Stickershock23-CLOSING-for-a-while

A half hour ago, we hit $1000! Let's keep it up and see how far we can go!

We're over $1300. This is great.

$1900 when I just looked now :) Fantastic!

I posted this on the AusRocketry forum yesterday - https://www.ausrocketry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4923

I was sure that with rocketry being the community that it is, that the good folk here in Australia would want to help too.

I know Australia is know for being a country full of deadly snakes, spiders and drop-bears, but we also pride ourselves on helping others out.

Krusty

Last edited:
The company they use to process payments gets 2.9% + $0.30 per donation. I'm sure they signed some sort of exclusive contract with them. If someone is interested in donating, but is adverse to using the fund's method of payment, PM me and I'll send you my Paypal address and make sure it gets to where it needs to go.

-Tony

I've donated through GoFundMe twice. I can attest to their security. They make too much money to let their reputation be tarnished by fraud.

We all need to get the word out that Mark and his wife could use some help. I am sure Mark has made decals for many flyers. Just a little from them all could really help them out.

Gary

For those with security issues, Mark gave me permission to give out his email for PayPal. It's [email protected] With that being said, PayPal has a history of locking up funds for periods of time when large amounts of money come in. So, pick your poison. We've raised nearly $3,000. This is quite impressive. Make sure you guys check his updates here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?124594-Stickershock23-CLOSING-for-a-while which is located in the "Vendor Display" subforum.
bump-trying to keep this upfront.

Back