Stickershock23 CLOSING for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,,
She may not be feeling it at the moment
but that sounds like she is on the downhill side...
I am so grateful for you both...
The worst is over..
All the prayers in the world for you both...

Teddy

Fantastic news. Sorry to hear about the side effects, but it seems that the end result is worth it. Best wishes!

You guys have been through so much. I'm really looking forward to the "all clear" announcement down the road!

Sorry its been so long guys.. but im sure you understand..

Well good news is the doc wants to do a petscan.. this will check to see how much cancer is left. he believes its pretty much gone enough to stop the chemo treatments WOOO HOO!! but we wont know for sure for about two more weeks (thats when they have her scan set)

if the scan is good we can go on to the next faze.. the will be a mastectomy and hysterectomy plus removal of her lymph nodes. the hysterecotmoy is kind of by choice. there is no cancer there but this type of cancer roots from Estrogen production... and well since we for sure dont plan on having any more kids.. why take medication to stop the estrogen... when you an just have it removed..

Her side effects have gotten worse with each Treatment.. so her rash is terrible and she has been feeling really sick this time.. but hopefully we are past that!

I will keep updating things as I know more

thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes I KNOW it has helped. she is strong but all of us are stronger together!

NOW other news... hint start getting decal orders you want on a list.. hint hint!

thanks again Mark and Marian!
wow, i'm really behind on the threads...
glad to hear that marian is getting better!
sending both of you good thoughts!

did you want us to send you our decal orders through the site again or via email?
i've got one for an airfest project we're working on. :)
thanks!
-joyce

ALLRIGHTY THEN!

Its time to make a good announcement. Stickershock is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am reopening the website to take all orders..

E-mail is up and running [email protected]. contact me for custome work!

I WILL NOT be open on weekends. and most Wednesdays (thats Marians day for doctor stuff) So if you contact or order on those days please expect delays in my response.

No more RUSH work.. i used to try and get orders out following day.. I just cant do that right now. so please understand 2 to 3 days for all orders. and most responses.

CUSTOM WORK. in the past I have done most design work for free. I can no longer do that.. now if you need simple custom lettering.. no extra charge. if your custom order is very simple.. such as "I need 3 stripes this color this big" no extra charge. but if you so contact me and say "I have this project.. heres my Idea.. what can you come up with" the first 30 mins of my time is included after that $50.00 an hr to design. That is pretty standard anywhere that does design time.. so I hope that seems fair to everyone! remember I LOVE doing custom rockets.. but I gotta get something for my time. thanks for understanding.

I have a few new items on the website.. Big one "MAC PERFORMANCE" theres a whole page where you can order decals for all his AWESOME KITS (and more coming soon!) WILDMAN... the new AAD 98 and 54 plus the 2.6" DARKSTAR 54MM. and a link for the jayhawk and patriots! Estes Pro Series.. now has its own page, including the NEW Sahara and Scion!

I have been out of the loop for a while. so if there are other new kits out there.. feel free to contact me and make a request, I will do my best to add them to the website when I can..

Remember I still have a day job so my reponse time will be a little slow, and I KNOW there are a BUNCH of you out there that have been waiting MORE than patiently to place orders.. so I am SURE I am going to be swamped for at least a week. I will do my best to get these orders out as fast as I can.. but Please allow a few days!

lastly and most importantly I want to thank ALL of you for your thoughts prays and wishes for Marian.. its been tough and she still has a long way to go.. but ALL of your support has done wonders for her.. and for me..

thank you from the bottom of our hearts..

Thanks for all the support and patience.

Mark and Marian.. no more flying naked now!

Wow Mark,,
That sounds like a really good thing...
I sure hope this means Marian is moving forward nicely...
You guys have been in my prayers constantly,,
I think that means the world...
It's wonderful you back to cookin up some seriously cool vinyl,,,
I bet your really happy about that...
Good for you guys....

Teddy

Well I have not updated marians condition for a while.. we were kinda in a holding pattern with tests results etc..

BUT today she went to her doctor, and after all the scans MRI PET scan etc.. they have cleared her!! YES SHE IS CANCER FREE AS OF TODAY!

WOO HOO! all your prayers have come through! I dont know how to thank everyone!

she still has a long hard road ahead of her. right now shes on maintenance drugs.. this is to KEEP the cancer away..

her immune system is still pretty beat from the chemo. and the side effects.. well thats gonna take some time to heal up.

The doc says she shows fluid on her lungs.. this is normal from the chemo treatment they used. she is scheduled to go back agian in a few weeks and check that out. once her lungs are cleared up its time to set up for surgeries.. instead of taking a chance she wants to do the double mastectomy.. so there is no chance of it coming back

then reconstruction.. so we have been shopping for new boobies.. LOL I suggested the GIGANTIC ones... LOL (not really anything more than a BIG handful is a waste LOL)

anyways all I can say agian is thank you and she's doing REALLLLY well. a couple more weeks kicking the side effects and I think she will be doing really well!

I will keep posting as soon as I know more.

on another note I had a fellow rocketeer contact me this morning, and tell me he is in the same boat.. his wife was just diagnosed with cancer too. sounds to be worse that what Marian went through.

I dont think he wants to post on the forum about it yet, heck im not even sure he's a member here... he seemed pretty shook up and I totally understand that. but all the prayers and well wishes that have been going to Marian.. can we pass them onto him and Her.

I wont give out his real name till I talk to him more but just pray for "TOM" and his beautiful wife for now.. they really need it. once I know more if they want to I will post up more here! god bless you two!

thanks guys

Mark and Marian!

BUT

Awesome!!!! I'm not sure what else to say, this is seriously great news!!

Made my night!

Nate

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO
HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mark,, you da mannnn..
Thank you,, thank you,, thank you,,
I am so glad to hear this Mark
this is just wonderful news. ....
Thank you,, thank you,,

Teddy

That's Wonderful News! Way to go Marian! Prayers continuing!

Tom, you and your wife are both added to my Prayer List!

God Bless!
Jim

That's great news Mark.

Awesome!

I have a few projects in mind that I've been sitting on. Things are kind of busy here at the moment but you can expect to hear from me soon.

That is absolutely the best news Mark and Marian!! So glad to see you both pull through on this and wish you both the best for continued success down the road!!!

...Fudd

Mark and Marian,
It is awesome to hear Marian is free of cancer!!!
If you remember, my wife Stephanie was diagnosed with breast cancer on Feb 11. She had a lumpectomy last month, which went very well and is also now considered cancer FREE! She is starting radiation treatments today. She felt well enough to go to the Alaska Northstars launch last weekend. We are looking forward to the end of treatments and getting the port out in March.

Have you thought about making a breast cancer rocket? Here is the one my son and I made for Stephanie.

We will continue sending prayers your way!
Daniel

Last edited:
Mark and Marian,
It is awesome to hear Marian is free of cancer!!!
If you remember, my wife Stephanie was diagnosed with breast cancer on Feb 11. She had a lumpectomy last month, which went very well and is also now considered cancer FREE! She is starting radiation treatments today. She felt well enough to go to the Alaska Northstars launch last weekend. We are looking forward to the end of treatments and getting the port out in March.

Have you thought about making a breast cancer rocket? Here is the one my son and I made for Stephanie.

We will continue sending prayers your way!
Daniel

Wow Daniel thats AWESOME!

Glad to hear your wife is on the road to recovery too. all our best to her and you are in our prayers

thanks !

☆☆☆☆☆ FANTASTIC NEWS ☆☆☆☆☆

BUT today she went to her doctor, and after all the scans MRI PET scan etc.. they have cleared her!! YES SHE IS CANCER FREE AS OF TODAY!

WOO HOO!

Thanks Layne..

Guys its been a while since I posted here so I figured I better post up whats going on..

we have been waiting for a while so Marian can have her surgeries... they put her on hold for fluid on her lungs..

well over the weekend her hand swole up BADLY so we took her back the the hospital.. again.

well the fluid was building up since her lymph nodes arent working well actually they are working against her..

so this morning they did a procedure to remove the fluid..

2 liters of it! YIKES!!!!

shes back home now the swelling is going down. she feels pretty crappy. (nothing like taco bell puke ewww) but getting better.

we have an appointment tomorrow with her oncologist so we will know a little more soon!

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers!

Mark and Marian.

I read your post to my wife, we are both praying for your family.
not to hijack, but on our end: the radiology lab close to us had shut down for remodeling, and now Stephanie has to drive an hour into Anchorage to get her radiation treatment 5 times a week. If the treatments' don't bring her down, the driving will.
Hope Marian keeps her spirit high, that is one of the biggest hurtles.
Daniel

Ted thanks so much.. for you to!

Dan WOW that is really tough man.. all our best to you!

wish I could help out!

I read your post to my wife, we are both praying for your family.
not to hijack, but on our end: the radiology lab close to us had shut down for remodeling, and now Stephanie has to drive an hour into Anchorage to get her radiation treatment 5 times a week. If the treatments' don't bring her down, the driving will.
Hope Marian keeps her spirit high, that is one of the biggest hurtles.
Daniel

Thanks so much.

doctor says all is looking good he sees nothing to worry about right now so more oral treatment and anothre appointment in a couple weeks.

man this part is terrible.. just waiting .... but its better than the alternative

Back