Stickershock23 CLOSING for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
fellow rocketeers its with great sadness that I do this but Stickershock23.com is closing its doors.

I dont know if you read the thread I started about stickerschock order delays, but My wifes been very sick.

after over a week in the hospital we have gotten the results back from the biopsies and unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worst.

they have found cancer in her breast, lymph nodes and lungs. they have already started Kemo therapy and will be taking more tests this morning

to nail this down and find out EXACTLY where she is and what can be done.

At this point in time working full time doing decals and taking care of her is just more than I can handle. so I have to put her first.

I am 100% closing my doors for right now.. if you have placed an order I will fill it as soon as I can and get it on the way.. If I am working on something custom for you I will e-mail you and deal with those on a one on one basis.

NOW THIS DOES NOT MEAN STICKERSHOCK IS GONE FOREVER... right now I cant say for sure whats going to happen but as soon as I know more and things settle down I will reevaluate and go from there.. I would hope that in a few weeks I can at least open just the webstore. but no promises.

I want to thank everyone now for their thoughts and prayers for her. I will try and watch this thread but I dont know if I will be able to respond very much.. PLEASE dont take that as I am not thankful I promise you we are VERY grateful to be part of such a great community.

Thanks to all for everything and so far 5 great years.. and hopefully many more.

Once I know more I will try and post to this thread with updates.

Mark And Marian Hayes stickershock 23.com

Last edited:
Mark,

Take care of your of your wife and let the community know if we can do anything to help.

You know we are all here for you. Love and prayers to you from me and my family.

Mark I'm so sad to hear this news. Stay focused on your wife and take one day at a time. They have a lot of technology today and I'm sure she will recover from this. My prayers and well wisher are with you and your wife.

No problem. I can fly naked for a while.

Prayers for your wife to get better.

Mark,

Wow. You are absolutely doing the right thing - don't worry about us (it's JUST stickers and rockets).

Please take heart into knowing that most everyone I know in the last ten years that has gone through this fight (and there have been a lot of them) has pulled through, has beaten that g#d@*%#m beast into submission, and has survived. You guys WILL get through this. Cancer is not "the end" anymore - just a long nasty fight, but it CAN be beaten. And you have a whole bunch of us out here rooting for you.

the absolute clearest and most windless skies to you and Marian,
dave

Mark,

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Marian's illness. There has been a lot of research into cancer, and a lot of progress has been made.

Keep your Spirits Up!

Lots of Prayers for You and Her are being sent right now.

God Bless!
Jim

Mark, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008 and by the Grace of God survived. Every day since has been an undeserved Blessing. You and Marian are in my thoughts and prayers. So if I must fly naked for awhile, who cares? There are worse things! Grace and Peace.

Mark,

You have long provided a service to the hobby that, really, no one else has provided. And all we have done is throw a little money your way.

May I suggest that if expenses get out of hand, set up a GoFundMe site, and I would be willing to bet that there would be an outpouring of support from this site and others around the rocket community.

Meanwhile, you have my prayers as well. Be strong and courageous, my friend.

Mark-Let me know if there is anything I can do. I can drive up in half a day or so. Seriously. I won't bug you with PM's, so just know the Viking Princess and I are standing by. Peace and good vibes, brother! Tell Marion she's in my wife's prayers and thoughts. Hugs all around.

Mark,
You and your wife will be in my prayers, best wishes for a complete recovery.

Thanks again to everyone..

Shes getting her first kemo right now.. they are going to to a bigger biopsy to see how far and what is effected in the next few hours..

I'll keep posting as much as I can..

I want to thank each of you one on one.. but I just cant.. so thanks to everyone..

with your help and prayers I think we can get through this..

and again I will do my best to be back up and running when I can.. one way or another!

Mark

Mark please give Marion a kiss for me..
All the greatest thoughts and prayers for her..
Mark if there is ANYTHING ,, please Mark,, just say it..
Take care of her Mark..

Teddy

Your wife is and should always be before anything Rocket related. Take care of her and God bless her and her speedy and complete recovery.

Wow Mark, sorry to hear that your wife and family are now faced with fighting this insidious disease. As others have said, on the positive, there are a lot of options these days and by focusing on her you are doing the right thing.

You are doing the right thing; family first. Only the best for you and your wife.

It is the sharing and outpouring of support at times like these on TRF that I am continually impressed with this community. You don't see support like this in every other hobby community. We might be a bit snarky and opinionated, but the generosity and willingness to help is amazing.

Mark & Marian, many thoughts and prayers coming your way from Las Vegas. Cancer is scary, but the two of you are tough and can get through this. We can sit around the campfire at Oktoberfest and hear the stories that will hopefully be in the rearview mirror by then. Until then, the rockets and decals can sure wait. If I may ask, where is she being treated (locally)?

Mark you hang in there and don't worry about rockets for a while. You both have a tough fight ahead and just know that we are all praying for you and Marian.

Mark,

Please give our best to Marian and know that we are praying for her! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for either of you!!

I'm sorry to hear Stickershock will be closing its doors, but family comes first. Take care of her and come back if and when you can.

Pat

The rocket stuff can wait. Some things can't. Best wishes.

Gerald

Back