Stickershock23 CLOSING for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, how often are you supposed to lather, rinse, repeat? If Marian goes cue ball, so will I.

Cancer is the worst. I am sitting on the couch while my wife is upstairs in bed, weak from Chemotherapy. Several weeks ago I shaved her head at her request. I shaved mine too, and am keeping it that way until her treatment is over. Our 6 year old wanted his hair cut too, so we buzzed him. No razor for him though.

initially, you should buzz the hair with clippers and no guard. It may take a second pass with a razor to catch any areas you may miss. If you plan to stay clean cut for a while, you may want to consider a Headblade. Google it, they are available through amazon.com and worthwhile having.

Hang in there,
Daniel

I guess the next launch we do will have to be "que ball" yeah I am in too when we get to that point

Daniel all the best to you and your wife hope it goes well I know what you are going through!

I've shaved my head for about 20 years. My response to male pattern baldness, which started in my late teens.

+1 on the clippers with no guard - that's how I did it the first time. Accidentally. Take-away: never cut your own hair when you are in a hurry.

As far as keeping it shaved, I use the same razor for my face and head, and shave in the shower. Hot water to soften things up, lather up, and have at it. Used a Gillette Sensor II for years, now using whatever they have with 37 blades, pivoting head, and corkscrew.

I will throw out there that you can take a chunk of skin out of the back of your head if you press too hard. Even if you don't have any weird bumps, lumps, divots, lobotomy scars, etc. At that point, you are going to be sporting a band-aid until it stops bleeding. I suggest you have something cool available, like Superman band-aids. Will bleed like crazy for a while. I do this once every one-two years.

This one topic is something I know a bit about ;)

Wigs are also an option. I know a woman who went that route. It was very stylish. That was her choice. She eventually beat her cancer. I've known plenty of people who elected to go with the shaved option. Best of luck again in your family fight for your wife. We are very familiar with cancer in my family. The good news is that tumor profiling and treatment options are the best that they have ever been.

Dear Mark

Know that if good works and well wishes from the community count for anything, you wife will be great and returning to full health yesterday.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for her.

Noel

Dear Mark

Know that if good works and well wishes from the community count for anything, you wife will be great and returning to full health yesterday.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for her.

Noel

you dont know how true that statment is.. I am beyond words.. I cannot believe ...well yes I can but I am so amazed at the people that are part of this commuinity.. you guys and ladies are incredible.. thanks again!

Mark and Marian.

Mark,
Your work is impeccable! Just finished this today, and was thinking of you and your wife. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
...And I love having your work on my Level 2 rocket...
20150418_170722.jpg

Mark,
Your work is impeccable! Just finished this today, and was thinking of you and your wife. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
...And I love having your work on my Level 2 rocket...
View attachment 261262

Erik,,
Put some shoes on,,,,lol...
You're going to get grass stains in your socks....lol....
Seriously cool build Erik....

Teddy

Mark also did the decals for my Level 2. Impeccable is the right word.

me_shadow2.jpg

That's smokin too Quake...
And one thing is for sure,,,
I know it's a scratch,,,,lol....

Teddy

Hey everyone I just wanted to keep updating as much as I can..

Marian is in really good spirits.. all the well wishes prayers and animal sacrifices (just kidding) have really been helping.. they say keeping her spirits high
is the biggest step to recovery..

she is DETERMINED to beat this.. she has been talking with other cancer survivors and some that are in treatment for the same type and know how well they are
doing has really brought her spirits up!

this weekend I took her out for dinner at Olive garden.. man she got her appetite back.. she even had a nice Girly drink to go with it..

then we stopped at walgreens on the way home and picked up a few items she needed.

today I made her breakfast.. then snuck out the the RC field to do a little flying.. sent her a message while I was out and found out she wanted to go shopping
for groceries.. I told her Id take care of it. but she really wanted to get out.. so we hooked up her O2 tank and made the trek to wallmart (yikes LOL)
she took the ride around cart.. and I think she even did a little racing up and down the isles. HA HA HA Just like her to get thrown out of a classy place like walmart
(no she didnt cause any troubles)

we stopped at albertos and got some tacos and got her back home.. shes doing her breathing treatment right now then we are gonna sit back and watch some TV.

if good spirits and well wishes is all it takes for her to beat this.. its gonna be a breeze!

All my thanks and heart goes out to everyone here. and to anyone else going through this terrible stuff..

Mark and Marian

Glad to hear you two are keeping positive about this...as you should.

My sister is a 10 year survivor of breast cancer. Twice. So, it can be done.

Oh man is that what I've been wanting to hear....
That's wonderful Mark....
Tell her I said "when I asked her to torture you a little bit she didn't have to go this far"...... lol....
I am super glad Mark,,,,
Good for you guy's man.....

Teddy

Mark,

Great to hear that she's making great progress so far.

Thanks again for taking care of that order for me, I got them Friday and they look great.

Bart

Hot Damn, I mean Hot Dawgs. Wait - Maybe I shouldn't have sacrificed that twelve pack of wieners. Remind us to bring Elk Brats for Ofest. Great to read good news!!!! BTW, It's a right, not a privilege, to drive those fancy go carts at Walmart. Earned and entitled - don't let them tell you different.

Guys you are cracking me... US up.. (shes reading over my shoulder) Im gonna have to get a picture of here in the cart for "People of walmart" DANG she just smaked me..

Joe I am sure you haver idden a couple of those in your lifetime.. doughnuts in the parking lot.... chasing the hot little girls in their school uniforms... ring a bell?? on the right track?? i bet I am close !

You need to put your "Mark" on every power chair she uses...kinda like "Zorro was here" (or Kilroy)! Our mission: put a StickerShock sticker on every Walmart power cart out there! Glad to hear she is in high spirits! She needs to come to OctoberFest for a right pirate cheer and a toast! Peace and good wishes for you both,brother.

Well I'm really sad today.. The kemos starting to do its worst her hair is coming out in handfuls...

Really makes me want to cry a bit

Back