Stickershock23 CLOSING for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks again ted.... grow up?? yeah right..

Hey,,
There's a guy on this forum with something about that right in his signature...
Something about "When's he gonna grow up" or something...
NEVER.......
I see absolutely no reason....lol..

Teddy

A quick update. Had a doctors appointment for chemo. The xrays are looking good. There has been a 20 - 30% clearing. They have taken her off of any breathing treatments and lowered her needed O2 from 3 to 1 1/2 L. She is still full of energy even after treatment. They are also bringing her off of the steroids. The doctor says that as she comes off of these she is going to be really tired. The steroids keep you from sleeping.

They even gave her a handicap parking permit. Now if the insurance stuff would clear. That could take another 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes cause it is totally working. I will keep updating you as we go along. Her next appointment is May 20th.

Mark

thanks for the update. with you guys attitude that cancers going to loose! Keep up the fight. Henna stencils Mark- get to work! ha ha. we are rooting for you both.

That's just the best new in the world Mark,,,
I am so glad to hear that..
Good for you guy's man...
Oh,, by the way,, Sandy tried the facebook thing like you said,,
couldn't find anything..
Try it again I guess....

Teddy

You have your priorities exactly right. Take care of your wife and yourself.

We'll be here to welcome you back when the time is right for the both of you.

Peace and Grace,

You have your priorities exactly right. Take care of your wife and yourself.

We'll be here to welcome you back when the time is right for the both of you.

Peace and Grace,

+1....
Quite well said....

Teddy

Too early to start planning, put thought it would be great to have a "Hayes Launch" on the backside of all this. Could be another fundraiser, but more importantly it could be a way to celebrate kicking cancer's butt one more time and bringing some rocket joy to the Hayes family.

Is there a launch site in Hurricane (I thought NAR may have one there) UT?

Too early to start planning, put thought it would be great to have a "Hayes Launch" on the backside of all this. Could be another fundraiser, but more importantly it could be a way to celebrate kicking cancer's butt one more time and bringing some rocket joy to the Hayes family.

Is there a launch site in Hurricane (I thought NAR may have one there) UT?

thanks Mark. that would be nice!

Yes we used to have a NAR launch (SURF.. southern utah rocket fliers) we let that one expire just did not have enough support.

the curt B opened up a NAR same spot (cedar city close to three peaks if you want to look it up) that club and waiver are still in place.
its a really nice spot right by WECO (that makes AP)

First, glad to hear that the treatment is going well! Careful coming off the steroids - it's like hitting a brick wall!

As far as a launch in Hurricane, just let me know the date!

Seriously, the only Utah site I know of is up near Salt Lake City. UROC (NAR and TRA) maintains this one.

Mark, if there is a site that is suitable near you, let me know and I'll work with the other folks at UROC to get the ball rolling for the waiver. I know someone must have filled out one of the !#@$!#$ waiver forms for our current launch site.

We bring rocketry to you!

Last edited:
First, glad to hear that the treatment is going well! Careful coming off the steroids - it's like hitting a brick wall!

As far as a launch in Hurricane, just let me know the date!

Seriously, the only Utah site I know of is up near Salt Lake City. UROC (NAR and TRA) maintains this one.

Mark, if there is a site that is suitable near you, let me know and I'll work with the other folks at UROC to get the ball rolling for the waiver. I know someone must have filled out one of the !#@$!#$ waiver forms for our current launch site.

We bring rocketry to you!

yep She crashed HARDCORE coming off the roids.. LOL

there is a waiver in effect here.. Curt beasly has all the info.. all we have to do is call it in 24 hrs in advance I believe!

Mark,

I hope that all is improving, it sounds optimistic which is great!

Can you post your installation instructions for your decals? Your site has been taken offline and I have a set of 3" ARCAS decals to apply...those long strips...

Prayers for Mairan in her battle and Mark for support. I am so glad to her that there i positive news.

Mark,

I hope that all is improving, it sounds optimistic which is great!

Can you post your installation instructions for your decals? Your site has been taken offline and I have a set of 3" ARCAS decals to apply...those long strips...

Dan, I have applied several of Mark's decals, including a full-body wrap. PM me if I can help answer Qs.

Dan, I have applied several of Mark's decals, including a full-body wrap. PM me if I can help answer Qs.

Thanks! I seem to recall a soap-water method that prevents the decals from immediately sticking, allowing you to move them around, align them, and work bubbles out. With the long stripes on the Arcas decals, I need to make sure I get it right.

Basically, put a little dish soap and a lot of water in a spritzer, spray the area before application, then use a credit card to squeegee the water out once you have it perfectly aligned. Also helps eliminate air bubbles.

Mark, great news! Hugs and kisses, bro.
main tip ALIGN IT CORRECTLY BEFORE YOU TRY TO INSTALL IT!
check out these videos.. the wrap one shows a great technique for aligning your wrap second video is for a cone BUT its the same material used for your wrap..

I would suggest doing it dry for small lettering etc and wet for larger decals..

I hope this helps out.. if you have any more questions please ask ill be happy to help you out..

[video=youtube;_mLt7EQSvo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLt7EQSvo0[/video]

[video=youtube;RdPh9tOHj4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPh9tOHj4g[/video]

[video=youtube;OkGTv6vFUr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkGTv6vFUr0[/video]

instead of "rapid tack" they talk about in the video use a windex bottle full of warm water.. and about 5 or 6 drops of mild dish soap.. just enough to get some suds!

Last edited:
Great to hear that your wife's health is improving! I lost my mother to cancer in September of 2014 and love it when I see that someone is kicking that b****rd cancer's a**!!!!!

Last edited:
I have been having difficulty in uploading photos. Will work on this and put some up in that thread. There's at least 5 of his in this room alone. Heh.

Later!

--Coop

I have been having difficulty in uploading photos. Will work on this and put some up in that thread. There's at least 5 of his in this room alone. Heh.

Later!

--Coop
Try clicking on the "Go Advanced" message posting screen. Once there, scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" button and follow the prompts. Has worked without fail for me.

View attachment 262966

Random image of Anvil Lofting inserted for illustration. Probably not NAR/TRIPOLI/NFPA approved.

Guys I havnt had a lot of extra time sorry I have not posted..

First off. . The show your Stickershock thread is awesome! I love seeing your rockets that you are proud to show off!

Second I'm leaving to work out of town next week... So I will have even less time to post up. . Sorry in advance.

Third.. Quick update. Marian us going pretty good.. But them cutting her off the steroids (slowly) is really messing with her right now.. Its been kinda rough on her.. But she's strong and only a few more days till she's off them completely.. Thats gonna make her happy!

One I get back from my business trip.. I'm hoping to start taking some Web orders.. But we will see.. It will probably just be add to cart type orders.. No custom stuff yet.. That really takes time and my full attention.. But I figure you guys really need some Stickershock.. Do that's my plan!

Thanks again for everything!

Mark and marian

Second I'm leaving to work out of town next week... So I will have even less time to post up. . Sorry in advance.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that you don't need to apologize. You just do what you need to do with the important stuff for a while. The rest of us will get along. We'll wait for you.

Last edited:
The community is behind you, Mark. Please don't make stickers out of a feeling of obligation to us. On the other hand, we are here to buy from you when you think you need a distraction. I know that my Stickershock list keeps growing, but as has always been the case I am never in a hurry. I will simply adjust my build order around the Stickershock stickers that I already have!

All the best and cheers,
Michael

Back