Stickershock23 CLOSING for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear things are getting better. Hugs and kisses man. Stay strong.

I'll miss you & Marian at the launch - will be attending UROC's event instead this weekend - but will be thinking of her and how she (and you) are BEATING THIS MONSTER! Hope it keeps getting better, have fun out on the lakebed,
s6

Hey everyone this is Marian..... Though I would put in an update since we went to Springfest in NV earlier this month. We had a great time and it was great seeing all of our friends in the southern part of the West Coast. I had a set back on my radiation schedule due to more fluid build up on the left side of my chest.
The doctor removed 70 cc's and wanted to make sure that there wasn't any fluid coming back. Radiation started 3 weeks ago and he side effects are really beginning to take a toll on me. I am feeling the fatigue and the radiation is doing a number on my skin.
Its all red patchy, and itchy. They say that it will continue to get worse through the end of the radiation (3 more weeks, 5 day a week). The effects will improve over time after the treatment is over but it can as long as 6 months to go away.
I also made arrangements with the post mastectomy supply place and got my order last week of my custom prosthetic devices. They still irritate my chest scar some so I don't wear them long. Thank you all again for the prayers and well wishes. Its almost behind us.
I am going to say it has not been an easy year but so far we are beating this monster.

Hey everyone this is Marian..... Though I would put in an update since we went to Springfest in NV earlier this month. We had a great time and it was great seeing all of our friends in the southern part of the West Coast. I had a set back on my radiation schedule due to more fluid build up on the left side of my chest.
The doctor removed 70 cc's and wanted to make sure that there wasn't any fluid coming back. Radiation started 3 weeks ago and he side effects are really beginning to take a toll on me. I am feeling the fatigue and the radiation is doing a number on my skin.
Its all red patchy, and itchy. They say that it will continue to get worse through the end of the radiation (3 more weeks, 5 day a week). The effects will improve over time after the treatment is over but it can as long as 6 months to go away.
I also made arrangements with the post mastectomy supply place and got my order last week of my custom prosthetic devices. They still irritate my chest scar some so I don't wear them long. Thank you all again for the prayers and well wishes. Its almost behind us.
I am going to say it has not been an easy year but so far we are beating this monster.

I pay homage to you Marian -- stay strong!

Marian you stay strong and just keep on chuggin along...
Time will pass as it always does and this like all the rest will be behind you...
Prayers for you ....

Teddy

Keep fighting Marian, we are all behind you!

GUys its been a while so I figure I better post up.

we are at the end of her radiation treatments... Just a couple more to go.. MAN I thought CHemo was tough on her.. this is kinda worse.. no hair loss nothing like that but the drive every day into town (30 mins plus each way) then shes really fatigued.. and radiation burns REALLY BAD she looks like she fell asleep in the sun with baby oil on for a week!

skins peeling blistering etc.. BUT the doc says shes doing wonderful... they cant say REMISSION as of yet but thats about where she is we can say that for sure after a little time ans some more tests!

I again dont know how to thank everyone.. your prays thoughts and help have been overwhelming!

all our best and the best to all that shared their cancer and other stories with us.. we pray for you guys every day too!

MArk and Marian!

Mark, glad to hear Marian is on the "back nine." Thanks for the support/help you have continued to give through it all.

I am so glad to hear she's almost done with all of this Mark...
Give her a kiss and hold her hand...
More prayers for you both...

Teddy

Sorry to hear about all of the side effects, but thrilled to hear that the treatments are working.

Good to hear she is almost done and that everything seems to be working out the way you would want!
I have had 4 family members who lost the battle (grandparents, mother and brother) so I know it does not always go well. Very happy for you and Marion!

Glad to hear she is doing well. Thoughts and prayers go out to the both of you!

Back