RIP: James Best aka: Rosco P. Coltrane

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Thanks for the link. Anybody who loves fishing is +1 in my book. he did a lot more than I ever realized. We should all live a life so fulfilled.

He used to live not far from us. He never completely retired from acting, but worked here in Central Florida as an artist and teacher after "The Dukes of Hazzard."

I never met him, though I probably saw him at a local restaurant or art show without recognizing him. But, I did request an autographed photo through the mail. The one I have is a still from the episode of the original Twilight Zone in which he starred.

-- Roger

I used to drive me son nuts doing the " coo coo coo roscoooooo peeeeeee coooooltrane" thing.

I used to drive me son nuts doing the " coo coo coo roscoooooo peeeeeee coooooltrane" thing.

I remember watching a late night talk show many years ago that he was a guest on and, he remarked that his tag line of the *coo coo coo* was something that he had come up with many years before as a way to amuse his grand children when they were babies.

Just kind of through it into the show...

A well diversified actor for sure...He will be missed, RIP James.

Back