Eggtimer TRS Software Update - IMPORTANT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Eggtimer TRS Users:

It has come to our attention that under certain conditions the drogue channel may fail to trigger when in backup mode. We've found the bug and have fixed it, but we need to fly it before we'll release the software. Therefore, until the next update is released (1.04Q) do not use the TRS drogue in backup mode. Note that "normal" nose-over triggering is not affected by this bug. Since it's still relatively new, chances are pretty good that very few people, if any, have run into this, but we want to make sure that you know about it asap.

Thanks for your continued support, we'll post the update as soon as we can flight test it.

Update -
The fixed software (1.05A) is now available on the Eggtimer Rocketry web site, www.EggtimerRocketry.com

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Last edited:
While not a customer (yet???), I appreciate your proactive approach. I wish there was a "Thanks" or "reputation" button like there is on some of the other vBulletin forums I frequent.

I'm flying it Saturday, in both modes. Hopefully the winds at Lucerne Valley will cooperate.

Ummmm, do the earlier versions behave the same? If not, would be an option for someone who positively, absolutely has to fly tomorrow with backup and can't wait for the release. Kurt (I can wait)

You might want to update the firmware upload procedure.
I found that; if you try typing: "Eggtimer_TRS_1_09N_Upload.bat" does not work.

Very simple version:

Once you download the bat and hex files to your C drive;
Just double click on the .bat file.

The trickiest thing I found was: pulling the reset jumper off in time for it to upload.

JD

Ummmm, do the earlier versions behave the same? If not, would be an option for someone who positively, absolutely has to fly tomorrow with backup and can't wait for the release. Kurt (I can wait)

Yes, but I do have the patched version available if you really need it now. I'll send you a Box link to it.

You might want to update the firmware upload procedure.
I found that; if you try typing: "Eggtimer_TRS_1_09N_Upload.bat" does not work.

Very simple version:

Once you download the bat and hex files to your C drive;
Just double click on the .bat file.

The trickiest thing I found was: pulling the reset jumper off in time for it to upload.

JD

One may need to manually edit the com port line in the batfile. I first go to devices and see where windoze puts the cable. I then make sure the com port is correctly delineated in the batfile. If not, a quick edit and one is ready.

I'm having issues with another altimeter due to comm port issues.
I just flew mine today, with the update and now it doesn't give you the altitude after apogee like it did before????

JD

One may need to manually edit the com port line in the batfile. I first go to devices and see where windoze puts the cable. I then make sure the com port is correctly delineated in the batfile. If not, a quick edit and one is ready.

Back