Rawdon Labor Day 2015 High Power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
Put it in your agenda, September 5 & 6 in Rawdon , TRA, NAR & CAR members welcome, the events is 100% sponcered so it's free for the flyers. Last September was great we have great flyers, everyone land on the grass.

13sep_zpsetmjgqeb.jpg

They alternate the culture, so this year will be soy where was the corn

Good news concerning the soybean vs. the corn. Given that my rockets seem to have an affinity for agricultural products, finding them in something that grows knee high is a lot easier than head high.

Man, I can't wait. Being able to bring my own HP motors to a launch is going to be nice.

Jamie

Let’s put thing clear on the table and clear some facts;
Last year we have a good high power launch in September but I dislike what happen the rest of the year. I try to make one in May, the weather was not there or I was not there because of my operation. And we saw what happen when I asked someone else to conduct the launch.

It’s not easy to make a high power, the farm owner harvest grass for feed cows, he don’t like we go in the field when the grass is growing. He cut the grass in June and August, but we can’t know the exact date, but to get a Launch Authorisation we need to get date in advance with Transport Canada. The owner told me after end of August no problem the grass that grows after is not good.
So I take the decision to make 1 or 2 high power in September and later in October, I will make low power right after he make the first and second cut and before in May when the field is dry.
I visit about 15 farmers around, it’s all the same, after they finish to harvest it’ ok. But they don’t all cut the grass at same time, so it can give me more windows for low power.
This is why I will focus on Small, Fiberglass rocket that can be use with a G but also a H in Fall.

So that’s it, I do what we can, not what we want

Put it in your agenda, September 5 & 6 in Rawdon ...

Désolé Gerrard but the MARS club in Geneseo N.Y. is having a weekend launch this weekend as well. I hope I can make it to your next launch and would love to see you new, bigger field.

Dario

Back