Mad Maxx 8" Build Thread (Yup, L3) Successful!! 5/23/15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you are going to be in Georgia.....no you won't.😰

Sorry I won't get to see it.
First time I miss the party in 7 years, but our club is hosting NSL same weekend!

Oh no! Say it ain't so... Oh well, I'll just have to use my back up TAPS :wink:Adrian

HOWDY HI! :D Open for business, no lines, you have my FULL attention! (I think i've scared alot of people off on this forum...)

Sorry I won't get to see it.
First time I miss the party in 7 years, but our club is hosting NSL same weekend!

Jim, it WONT be the same without you but, i wish you and, your club the best of luck in putting on what i know will be an awesome NSL! ;)
We'll catch you at Midwest Power...:)

Adrian,

Dude, I'm so pumped to finally see you get your L3!

Save it for Sunday and you've got yourself a recovery buddy in me.

OK,
Made a few last minute changes (Thanks Tim and Dr Dave!) and switched to a AT M1939W for the flight today.
Everything was picture perfect! Even the weather. Now maybe I ought to paint this thing...

Adrian

Congrats on your level three flight....remember you promised pictures. Greg Olson Say hello to Tim and DR. Dave for me.

Well,
My hands weren't quite steady enough to hold a camera, :wink: but Dr Dave may have pictures, I'll ask. Justin shot video, which will be put into a DVD.

Adrian

Great job on your L-3. Why did you change motors? what were you going to use?

My TAPS strongly suggested I switch motors from the CTI 2 grain M1560WT to the AT M1939WL. I had the option of both motors and couldn't decide which one to use. The wind was a little (10 mph-ish) stronger than they wanted with the CTI (the thrust to weight ratio was lower), and I wanted low altitude. They wanted the higher ratio and of course it was a much cooler flight :cool: Always listen to your TAPS!!

A big thank you to: Tim Lehr, Jim Hendricksen, Brad Wilson, Ken Allen, Gary Kawabata, Gus Piepenburg, Jason Griffin and Steve Pauling (for moral support, ie: always giving me crap because the rocket wasn't done yet) and lastly but not least, Dr Dave Reese. All provided valuable insight and answered a multitude of questions. Thanks to Carl Van Camp, Justin Farrand, and Brandon (not my birthday) Gross for help on launch day. Thanks again to Carl for helping me retrieve the rocket, too! All in all, a fun day!

Adrian

Last edited:
OK,
Made a few last minute changes (Thanks Tim and Dr Dave!) and switched to a AT M1939W for the flight today.
Everything was picture perfect! Even the weather. Now maybe I ought to paint this thing...

Adrian

YEAH BABY! Right down Broadway with all Candles lit! :surprised:

Some small details I forgot. Maximum altitude: RRc2+ 8851ft, RRC3 8842ft. 756ft /sec. Weight on the pad: 60lbs. Main came out at 1000ft.

Adrian

Back