Everybody got their Wisconsin red on for tonight's game?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Go Badgers!!!

ben-brust-and-berggren.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a huge basketball fan, but seeing as how the GF is a Badger alum, I'm rooting for them to take down the unbeaten Kentucky. That would be awesome. Looks like it won't be an all Big Ten final though, as Duke is easily handling Michigan St.

Adrian

I will be rooting for Wisconsin. Of course, I went to Duke, so take that how you will.

Edit: watching this game it doesn't matter who wins...Wisconsin v Kentucky looks like the defacto national title game. I don't see Duke beating either team. Now I am definately rooting for Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Congrats Wisconsin. Looking forward to a final versus a class program.

That being said, Go Duke!

Hard to believe. Looks like the best paid team in basketball - lost. Looks like the one and dones are done.

Good! Calipari what a cheating Sh!#

They say white guys can't dance but they sure can play some basketball!!!!!!!!!!

frank-kaminsky-dance-off-2.gif

Last edited:

How does a guy who has had to vacate two of his final four appearances, and nearly (were it not for a game tying 3 and overtime win by Kansas over Memphis) caused a national title to be vacated get into the hall of fame. F-ing insane.

The strike against Bo Ryan is the no national title and not a ton of final fours, as all of the college coaches in the HOF have won at least one. I think if Bo gets one tomorrow he will get in next time around, if not then he will be. He has Wisconsin looking like a sustainable program, and that means he'll get more shots.

There are only five active coaches in the HOF (final fours/national titles *as of today)
Jim Boeheim (4/1)
Larry Brown (3/1 + 1 NBA title)
Mike Krzyzewski (12/4)
Rick Patino (7/2)
Roy Williams (7/2)

HOF elect [vacated final fours (caught cheating)/final fours that count (for now)/national titles (for now)
John Calipari (2/4/1)

The one I really don't get is Tom Izzo (7/1). How is this guy not in years ago?

A few stats...

Of "modern" coaches, only Roy Williams, Thad Matta and Mark Few have better records than Bo Ryan; and only Roy Williams is close to the aggregate number of wins that Bo has--even Coach K has a lower winning percentage than Bo. Where is Calipari? Way the heck back there at #34 (vs Bo at #21). Attached is an older report (2012).

View attachment coaches.pdf

Last edited:
Rare night off, wisconsin beer flowing, wisconsin badgers playing for the title....great day! And some aeropac retainers drying....can't forget about rockets

Let's go big red!

Last edited:
Same run at the hoop for badgers: called as a charge; for duke its a defensive penalty. Hmmmm.

Wisconsin is a truely excellent program that their fans should be proud of. I didn't watch them much this season, but they were really impressive during their run.

It was a really exciting game! Bummer that Wisconsin didn't come out on top, but what a great game and I can certainly accept Duke as the Nat Champs....they win (and lose) with class and style unlike some other #1 teams out there. Didn't particularly care for some of the calls...but I wouldn't have wanted to be a ref at that game where calls can make/break a National Championship. ...but that out of bounds call with 1:50 to go....huh??????:eyeroll:

Have never been a Traevon Jackson fan...can't help but think what could've been had he not been in the game....turnovers, missed shots, lack of passing, fumbled dribbling....looked like me trying to play basketball! Wisconsin became this cohesive, naturally flowing team when he was sidelined with his injury, why he had to come back in for the last 2 or 3 games to screw it all up I'll never understand. Oh well.

Congrats Duke; well played and well earned!

-Eric-

Back