• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

38mm Carbon/Kevlar tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Sacrifices have to be made. This tube is a carbon/kevlar hybrid. It has a 3oz. veil layer. OD is at 1.635". Pretty much your average standard tube. I cant get a weight, because this thing hasnt had its edges sanded well enough for it to stand straight. It is still around 49" or so. Laminated using 300F tg epoxy.

Since I'm an honest person there is a small spot on the tube that I accidently put the heatgun too close and it looks as if the epoxy melted and the glass became visible.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1428117418.000156.jpg

Here is more pictures of the tube. Its almost sanded smooth and has polish on one end, but unfortunately I ran out of paint.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1428117516.129338.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1428117540.632531.jpg

I am looking at $65, plus $10 shipping. Paypal is prefered. PM if interested.

ohhh, (drooling) this looks sooo tempting! For those of you who don't know, Alex is our budding composite engineer and makes some pretty good stuff I've flown. This may not last, so jump on it now-fair warning! I have a set of CF fins CJ sent me that would be perfect for this...I'm checking nose cones as we speak. You may only have until sundown Pacific Daylight Time for this! Fair warning!

Think it'll handle the new loki K? I've been dying for an excuse to by loki hardware.

Think it'll handle the new loki K? I've been dying for an excuse to by loki hardware.

I'll second conman's comment. It is rated to 300F and with the carbon/kevlar combo its strength is just a beauty to punish the sky.

In fact, that small area that shows the fiberglass was burned by my heatgun, who knows to what temperature, but no doubt hotter than 300F and still remains strong in that section. I did forget to mention the outer surface is coated with lots of ceramic spray paint from dupli-color. Its rated to 500F. You can expect this tube to survive.

Back