Pro75 Reloads in AMW Hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave A

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got the adapters for burning Pro75 reloads in my AMW hardware, now I will have several sources for reloads.

I wonder why they did not redesign the Pro54 reloads and liner to also work in a 54mm snap-ring case.
With so much 54mm hardware out there seems like a sure thing.

What other cross-compatible systems are certified out there?

Glad you reminded me of this...puts a whole new light on my AMW 75mm 2-grain motor! Didn't CJ have a thread on this a while ago where he called it the Hubcap?

I am taking it that the phrase "AMW Family" means that you can use Loki, Gorilla or AMW cases?

There are reloads made for the AMW 54mm snap ring hardware by CTI, named a bit different like scalded tiger, black bear, ect...believe they are called AMW/Pro-x, need a nozzle carrier for the 54mm snap ring hardware but made in all sizes 1050 thru 2550

Check out the AMW/Pro-x website and go under motors, then select AMW, then animal compatible....will give u what motors are suitable for AMW snap ring hardware

I got the adapters for burning Pro75 reloads in my AMW hardware, now I will have several sources for reloads.

I wonder why they did not redesign the Pro54 reloads and liner to also work in a 54mm snap-ring case.
With so much 54mm hardware out there seems like a sure thing.

What other cross-compatible systems are certified out there?

Last edited:
I have all the hardware now to fly the Pro75 reload in a snap ring case. The Pro75 reload can be flown in an AT 75mm case, both are certified combinations.

When flying under Research Rules, I was looking to fly an AeroTech M1297 (RMS/75-5120) reload in a Kosdon 75-6000 case.
Although a "baby" M, it is the most economical M this side of going the EX route.

I think it is certainly possible once I examine the parts, confer with an experienced EX member, just probably needs a different o-ring or spacer washer.

See what I found below on CTI's FAQ site..

How about the other way around - can RMS™ 75mm or 98mm reloads be fired in CTI hardware?

Currently no RMS™ reloads are certified for use in CTI ProX™ hardware. It is up to the reload manufacturer to supply reloads and hardware to the motor testing committees for certification firing. If Aerotech chooses to have their reloads certified for use in ProX™ hardware, that's fine but it's up to them to do so - you'll have to contact them with any questions on that subject.

Functionally, however, the answer is yes. Compatibility works both ways. We have compatible hardware in all equivalent 75mm sizes and 98mm sizes from 98/5120 up to 98/15360 case size. Several RMS™ reloads have already been flown in ProX™ hardware at Canadian launches. The only thing extra that is needed is a set of the correct o-rings for the ProX™ hardware.

Back