Easter Egg Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddyisabar

Oddroc scum. Mindsimmer.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a Hobby Lobby Easter Egg converted into a rocket on three E9-4s. Lacking fins, canted motors in the wrong place and rear eject, I'm sure it will not be on the RSO's favorite list. Will it fly with flame fin action or is it just a bad idea headed for banning? We will have to see what the future holds.

Egg 1.jpgEgg 2.jpgEgg 3.jpgEgg 4.jpgEgg 5.jpg

EGGCELLENT !! If it flies right , the yokes on them. you knew it was coming !!!

There is what the Pad Fuehrer (PF) really wants to see. A centralized, powerful motor on the bottom with positive retention, big fins to bring down the CP. Good efficiency with little or no stinking, performance robbing nose weight, traditional nose blow recovery. No dependence on multiple canted, tractor motors lighting at the same time. The PF would say by removing or even moving the fins up it will eventually lead to forward mounted canted motors, that leads to tractor motors which lead to external pods, which in turn leads directly to the Dark Side. Beware little and big kids, younglings and padawan, once started down the path to the Dark Side, forever will it rule your destiny. He will sense much fear surrounding such rockets and will monitor and negate any nexus of dark side energies surrounding them. The Easter basket rocket, especially with out Peeps, would be closely monitored by the Jedi Counsel.

Flew the Easter egg last Sunday and am waiting for some video. Hopefully it will arrive soon. It flew straight just for a short time off the rod and then went unstable. Tumbled a bit, then angled down and hit the ground on a fairly shallow angle, gave a good bounce and ejected on the bounce. The back end hit the ground and acted like an anchor as it broke and the chute deployed. It came to a very quick halt as a small burning bit of dog barf flew in front of the rocket and had started a fire the size of my foot when I got there to stamp it out. The dog barf had all got knocked forward and packed around the ejection vents, motor tube and nose weight on the initial impact. It looked as if I had packed it that way to begin with. All the barf up front and the nicest burned edges around the holes from the vents. It is fire resistant, not fire proof and three ejection charges were too much. The center aluminum launch lug was bent. Marked as unstable on the flight card all I can do is put up the shame curtains.

Back