Aerotech measurement needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc dude

Reaction score
Does anybody have an Aerotech/Rousetech 38mm plugged/tapped forward closure that they can measure for me? It needs to be the regular plugged closure, not the endburn style one. The measurement I need is the length of the closure, which is the distance between the two lines in the photo (except the photo shows a regular closure). I could also use a measurement of how deep the threads go into the closure if that is possible. Or even better, if somebody has a 38/720 case, and can measure from the forward edge of the thrust ring to the tip of the forward closure, I would really appreciate it. I am trying to make an extension for the Aeropack minimum diameter retainer in my Tomach, but don't have the closure yet.

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Kyle

drrocket.jpg

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/resources.aspx?id=6 are the mechanical drawings for AT motors.

Just a reminder. You must use manufacturer certified/authorized motor casing components with certified reloads, or the assembled motor is not certified and can not be used at NAR/TRA launches. (Exception is for TRA L2+ at TRA research launches.)

Bob

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/resources.aspx?id=6 are the mechanical drawings for AT motors.

Just a reminder. You must use manufacturer certified/authorized motor casing components with certified reloads, or the assembled motor is not certified and can not be used at NAR/TRA launches. (Exception is for TRA L2+ at TRA research launches.)

Bob

I saw those diagrams, but they all show the regular forward closure, not the tapped one. From the pictures I have seen, it looks like the tapped closure is longer.

About the certification, they were made by Rouse Tech, so I am assuming they were certified.

The Tapped forward closure is the same.
The only difference is: the tapped portion extends past the lines that you have drawling. Essentially; the closure you speak of it taller. The threaded part sit on top of the closure.

I don't have one in hand right now to actually measure it (it's in storage).

JD

I saw those diagrams, but they all show the regular forward closure, not the tapped one. From the pictures I have seen, it looks like the tapped closure is longer.

About the certification, they were made by Rouse Tech, so I am assuming they were certified.
Rouse Tech was licensed by Aerotech/Dr.Rocket or who ever owns the design and was approve by AT and NAR/TRA as a certified casing so that's fine.

Bob

The Tapped forward closure is the same.
The only difference is: the tapped portion extends past the lines that you have drawling. Essentially; the closure you speak of it taller. The threaded part sit on top of the closure.

I don't have one in hand right now to actually measure it (it's in storage).

JD

Ok thank you, that makes sense. Although I think I am just going to wait and make the extension at the launch so I know it fits.

Thanks everybody for your help,
Kyle

Back