Southern Thunder 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any info on this yet- cost? onsite vendors? etc. I looked on the websites for HARA and MC2 but didn't find anything updated.

Father's Day weekend

This is perfect for me, as I'll be visiting my parents in Murfreesboro that weekend. I talked my dad into coming to the launch, so we'll have 3 generations of my family there (including my kids). Sounds like a good father's day weekend to me!

Plus then i can tell people I drove 1200+ miles round trip for a rocket launch :)

Just wondering if there is any info on this yet- cost? onsite vendors? etc. I looked on the websites for HARA and MC2 but didn't find anything updated.

I will be on site. I am placing motor orders in a few days if you need something special.

This year, Southern Thunder 2015 is being administered by the Music City Missile Club (MC²). Information about the event is available at the SOUTHERN THUNDER WEBPAGE. The page include forms for registration and fee payment, schedules, vendors, promotions and accommodations.

Just curious, any updates on ST15 weather wise? If Saturday is a go, we will probably try to come for a bit, spectate a while, catch up with some old friends, and spend some money with the vendors.

David

It is that time of year to do 2 of our favorite things. Sweat and Fly Rockets! Well maybe one of our favorite things and something we put up with to do the other! We are a go for Southern Thunder this weekend! Looks like the weather will be semi cooperative with Sunday looking like the better of the two days right now. The range will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM to 6 PM. The waiver is to 10k with call ins to 20k by permission only. (Over 10k and you stand to break the 1 mile radius for recovery.) The Boy Scouts will be in attendance as usual to keep us fed and our bodies hydrated so bring your wallet and your appetite. Both days will be operated under the Tripoli Rocketry Association research safety code. That means you research flyers are welcome both days as well as NAR members. However this means none under 18 at the High Powered pads unless they are part of the HP mentor program. If you need directions, they can be found on the mc2rocketry.com or hararocketry.org sites, but it is the same place as usual at Mid-Tenn Turf sod farm off Ragsdale Rd is beautiful Manchester TN. The Ambassador Inn in Manchester has special rates for the rocket launch so be sure to give them your overnight business.

Don’t forget that Range Setup is at 2 PM tomorrow so come on out and help us get ready!

See you there!

Chris Dondanville
MC2 President
PMW Prefect
931-446-4370

and what better fathers day present than a weekend flying rockets with friends!

Chris- what's the word on sparkies? I only brought one, but would like to fly it if possible. I'll most likely be there on Sunday, unless the forecast turns better for Saturday

Lost two rockets today at ST. Let me know if anyone finds a cow rocket or a red+black loc weasel. Thanks! :)

Keep a watch on their facebook group, if you use facebook. They, as well as HARA, post pics of lost and found rockets. I remember seeing your Weasel flight, on a F50, wasn't it?

David

Thanks I will follow them. yes it was on an f50. Great flight, until the ejection didn't go

Back