New Website for AlnessW

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlnessW

Reaction score
Hi everyone - not sure if this if the right forum for this, but I figured I'd start here...

Time to introduce you all to a grand experiment I’ve been formulating these past few months – my own personal website!
https://wilsonalness.com/

Most of the site is complete now however there is still a bit of info to be added, in addition to some more pictures, videos, etc. The site will be updated regularly with content such as this, and any further announcements of updates will be posted on my homepage. I have put a lot of time and effort into this site so I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Wilson

Your website looks good!:clap: I am assuming that you coded it all yourself, since you said you like coding in your "about me". I took a look at your source code, and it looked good to me. (although I've only taken a few HTML/CSS classes) Good job!

Very very nice! Congratulations! :clap: L1 Cert @ 11 :eyepop: Holy cow, I was painting the BT then gluing on the fins when I was 11 years old :facepalm:

Wilson,

Looks great! I've considered making one, but I was too worried about costs, I kinda want to step up from my blog.

Alex

Thanks everyone for the compliments! Much appreciated! :D

Your website looks good!:clap: I am assuming that you coded it all yourself, since you said you like coding in your "about me". I took a look at your source code, and it looked good to me. (although I've only taken a few HTML/CSS classes) Good job!
Yep, you got it. I wrote 98% of the HTML myself, the other 2% or so was a CSS-style template, but then I took that and heavily customized it to suit my needs. And yes, my interest in coding has gone up significantly in the past year or so. A while ago I took a programming class, but we were learning some obscure language (Verilog perhaps?) that I haven't touched since then. I mostly learned HTML myself, and a website called Codecademy was a big help in brushing up my skills. Problem now is that since I've spent the last few months writing HTML that when I go to use BB on this forum, I hardly know what I'm doing anymore... :p

In the early stages of the idea of building a website, I thought about using WordPress. I'm fairly familiar with that as another site I administer uses it, but it's primarily a WYSIWYG-style editor which I've never cared for as much. Needless to say, I'm really glad I took the time and effort to code it myself - it's about 10x more rewarding.

Very very nice! Congratulations! :clap: L1 Cert @ 11 :eyepop: Holy cow, I was painting the BT then gluing on the fins when I was 11 years old :facepalm:
Thank you! Yes, when I was 11 I did an "undocumented" L1 "cert," just to prove to our club and our local vendor that I knew what the hell I was doing. I never bothered with the whole NAR Jr. L1, just because. Then shortly after I turned 18, I did my TRA L1 and L2 certs in the same day, but I usually like that other story better. ;) Although I can certainly admit to the "gluing fins on after painting"-style errors before...

Wilson,

Looks great! I've considered making one, but I was too worried about costs, I kinda want to step up from my blog.

Alex
Glad you like it! If you ever want to talk web hosting/web design/associated costs with all that, just drop me a line sometime and I'd be happy to help.

Yep. My website is hiding in the background. But I doubt I will ever be able to create one that isn't a direct template.

But great job Wilson!

Yep. My website is hiding in the background. But I doubt I will ever be able to create one that isn't a direct template.

But great job Wilson!
"Hiding in the background?" The URL in your signature doesn't seem to point anywhere...

Oh yeah. Project60k. I let the hosting expire for the domain. I should fix my signature. I only use the app on mobile, so I never see my signature.

"Hiding in the background?" The URL in your signature doesn't seem to point anywhere...

Wilson, website looks great! Thanks for sharing!

...and I love that NXRS Binder rocket....it just looks right and your build/finish is awesome!

-Eric-

Oh yeah. Project60k. I let the hosting expire for the domain. I should fix my signature. I only use the app on mobile, so I never see my signature.
Time for an update indeed...

Wilson, website looks great! Thanks for sharing!

...and I love that NXRS Binder rocket....it just looks right and your build/finish is awesome!

-Eric-
Hey Eric, thank you for the compliments! The NXRS kit was a really fun build for sure.
Hope to catch you at Black Rock sometime this year!

Back