Great Names for Stores

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulsed_Propulsion

Reaction score
I recently thought of a fantastic name for a store. It would be called "The Oxford Comma". It would sell cool stuff that you don't really need.

Anyone else have any good ideas??

LOL.

However, that store already exists. It is referred to on here as "McMaster Carr". You go on for 1 box of nuts, and end up with a $400 shopping cart of "impulse buys". :p

Ahh, McMaster Carr. Gotta love that place. They have *almost* absolutely everything. That's where I got all my specialty stainless hardware for pulse jet. I once actually got blocked from their website for a day because I had "far more searches than their average website visitor" :pc:. It was just too fun looking through all their stuff!

I recently thought of a fantastic name for a store. It would be called "The Oxford Comma". It would sell cool stuff that you don't really need.

Anyone else have any good ideas??

If you were going to write a sentence listing the things you wanted to buy at this store, would you use a comma before the word "and"? If so, could you get one at this store?

My wife and I disagree over the use of serial commas, but we are both opposed to cereal comas.

Carrie Fisher's salon in the Blues Brothers: "Curl Up and Dye"

If you were going to write a sentence listing the things you wanted to buy at this store, would you use a comma before the word "and"? If so, could you get one at this store?

My wife and I disagree over the use of serial commas, but we are both opposed to cereal comas.

The comma before the and would definitely be required. Hence the name "The Oxford Comma":D

A friend and his wife opened a hair salon named "The Hair Ball"

There have been a few dog groomers with funny names. One was Laundromutt. And another was Doggy Styles.

Well restaurants not stores--up the street from me PEI WEI Thai food. A couple years ago I visited a friend in Virgina , we ate at Won Too Long--I thing I got the spelling right. Then there was Sean Patrick's fine Italian cuisine--They went under !! And The Nile Ribber--actually they did OK until the owner died in a tragic grease pit accident. Bo's Bait and Beer was a favorite of mine--a tackle shop with a bar--loved that place !!!

Near my hotel in Dayton was the Quaker Steak and Lube. I guess that is a way to reuse the old oil.

Though I don't have even the tiniest bit of Vietnamese in me, I've joked for a while that if I ever opened a restaurant it would have to serve Vietnamese food, so that I could either call it "Phở Q" or "Phở King". Thankfully there's no chance of me ever being in the restaurant business. :D

Though I don't have even the tiniest bit of Vietnamese in me, I've joked for a while that if I ever opened a restaurant it would have to serve Vietnamese food, so that I could either call it "Phở Q" or "Phở King". Thankfully there's no chance of me ever being in the restaurant business. :D

I think someone may have beat you to Pho King. https://www.pho.com/oakland-ca/pho-king

I don't live far from this Pho King restaurant, but I've never been to the Pho King place, so I can't tell you if the Pho King food is good or not.

Back