• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

75mm Carbon Tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Due to an issue with the veil layer I'm putting this at $70 plus the $15 of shipping. It is still a very strong carbon tube ready to take on anything you throw at it.

It is 34" long, weighs in at 400+ grams, OD and ID will match commercial materials i.e. Nosecones, CR's, etc.

Paypal is prefered, PM if interested.

Picture:
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1427679543.874508.jpg

Almost forgot, but it has a coat of epoxy rated to 300F.

Last edited:
What was the issue with the veil layer? What is the high(er) temp epoxy?

I really dont know what happened, but according to JD the glass did not recieve enough saturation. The veil layer is pretty much cured and all so I guess no real issue other than you can see it.

The higher temp epoxy is rated to 300F.

How much time had elapsed before you applied the veil layer?
You might have been near the end of you pot life??

JD

I really dont know what happened, but according to JD the glass did not recieve enough saturation. The veil layer is pretty much cured and all so I guess no real issue other than you can see it.

The higher temp epoxy is rated to 300F.

How much time had elapsed before you applied the veil layer?
You might have been near the end of you pot life??

JD

It was near the pot life, which was 45 minutes. I applied the glass at that moment. The glass was still turning clear and wetting out. Thats when I mixed another 50 grams and laminated the rest of the glass. There was enough epoxy to saturate the peel ply as well.

At this point I'm thinking of just saving the veil layer for my carbon/kevlar tubes.

This 38mm has that same veil layer and has no signs of what happened to that 75mm.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1427926212.603622.jpg

It was near the pot life, which was 45 minutes. I applied the glass at that moment. The glass was still turning clear and wetting out. Thats when I mixed another 50 grams and laminated the rest of the glass. There was enough epoxy to saturate the peel ply as well.

At this point I'm thinking of just saving the veil layer for my carbon/kevlar tubes.

This 38mm has that same veil layer and has no signs of what happened to that 75mm.

View attachment 259810
Is that one mine??

Okay so at this point I need to get rid of this tube since the veil layer just got worse and worse. This is still a really strong tube, so you can abuse it. I would really recommend sanding the hell out of the glass layer. I wanted to get started on a project that I wanted to use carbon and I thought why not sell this tube for $35 shipped and this will allow me to get another yard to get started on that project.

Whoever is interested please PM.

Got the tube today Alex. Very happy, pleasure doing business with you.

Got the tube today Alex. Very happy, pleasure doing business with you.

Thanks Bill, I actually was very pleased with that carbon. Its got low melt glass strands that keep it from fraying. Makes it perfect for cosmetic finishes. I placed an order for another yard. That one I will be using it to make that mid-powered carbon rocket I wanted to make to fly on estes engines. Should make for being able to launch a big rocket without making you cry when you open your wallet.

Thank you once more

Back