Launch tower?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by launch tower you mean a minimum diameter tower, the answer is no URRG does not, ours only goes to 38mm. Sorry, hopefully soon enough AMW will have 54mm fly-off guides soon.

I know there's at least two guys planning 54mm MD flights.... Maybe someone will be willing to share a tower who's coming.

I know there's at least two guys planning 54mm MD flights.... Maybe someone will be willing to share a tower who's coming.

Make that 3 but I was hoping to use fly away guides. Hoping there available by then

Greg

Michael,,
I'd bet an absolute yes....
Coleman ( Rocket Hunter on TRF ),, the young man that is so great with the videos
has the coolest aluminum tower you've ever seen...
And it's adjustable...
I don't know the details about it
so I'll email him a link to this thread,, he'll answer....

Teddy

He posted pic's of it .........
And listed details.......

Teddy

I won't be there for all of LDRS, probably just the first few days, but my tower should be available for use. The legs will need a bit of modification (lengthening) to handle the larger K and L motors, which I will be working on anyway in the coming weeks in preparation for my K1127 flight (will be outlined on the thread teddy posted), so I cannot say for sure but it should be able to handle any 54mm K or baby L motors (though NOT a loki 54/4000). It's has plenty of gap for large fins, is adjustable from 24mm up, and is 6' tall. Adjusting sizes takes a bit of time to get right, but it's pretty easy and intuitive.

If by launch tower you mean a minimum diameter tower, the answer is no URRG does not, ours only goes to 38mm. Sorry, hopefully soon enough AMW will have 54mm fly-off guides soon.

I'm working on it...

so I cannot say for sure but it should be able to handle any 54mm K or baby L motors (though NOT a loki 54/4000). It's has plenty of gap for large fins, is adjustable from 24mm up, and is 6' tall.

I was planning on two launches using a Loki 54/2800 L1040 and K350, in a 77.5" 54mm MD three fin with a 2.38 semi-span.

Back