I broke Aeropack's website

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeRoc29

Reaction score
A couple days ago I tried to place an order for a retainer. A minute or so after hitting "submit order" an error message popped up, and the Aeropack website has been down since. It doesn't appear that my CC was charged. See https://www.aeropack.net/motorretainers.asp. If anybody from Aeropack is seeing this, I'd still like to complete the order ASAP! I was hoping to get that stuff before next weekend.

Darn you, I wanted to place an order. My wife will thank you.

Hi DeeRoc29,

You did not break Aero Pack. We are moving the website from a 32 bit server to a 64 bit server with some new bells and whistles that will give us (you actually) better security when ordering. We now have the website up, but the web store shopping cart is not yet fully online. Hopefully that will be soon or else I'll have to put up a notice.

Until then you can place orders in 2 steps as follows: Send an email to [email protected] with the items you want to order and your shipping/billing address as well as your name as it is shown on your Visa or MasterCard. Then call 858.566.2900 and if no one answers it is safe to leave your credit card number and exp date on the answering machine. We will pack your order and ship by USPS Priority mail.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Bob
Aero Pack

Hi Bob - the webstore is 'up', but it is still considered insecure. Not sure if anyone at Blastzone can help, but we shouldn't be getting error pages like this:

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 9.00.31 AM.png

I have always been hesitant to order directly from your site because of this.

Thanks,
- Matt

Hi DeeRoc29,

You did not break Aero Pack. We are moving the website from a 32 bit server to a 64 bit server with some new bells and whistles that will give us (you actually) better security when ordering. We now have the website up, but the web store shopping cart is not yet fully online. Hopefully that will be soon or else I'll have to put up a notice.

Until then you can place orders in 2 steps as follows: Send an email to [email protected] with the items you want to order and your shipping/billing address as well as your name as it is shown on your Visa or MasterCard. Then call 858.566.2900 and if no one answers it is safe to leave your credit card number and exp date on the answering machine. We will pack your order and ship by USPS Priority mail.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Bob
Aero Pack

I hope you are using SSL3.... :wink: lol

Hi Bob - the webstore is 'up', but it is still considered insecure. Not sure if anyone at Blastzone can help, but we shouldn't be getting error pages like this:

View attachment 259649

I have always been hesitant to order directly from your site because of this.

Thanks,
- Matt

That is due to wrong CERT used.
It is a cert mismatch for aeropack - the cert is for blastzone.org and not aeropack.net. Also blastzone uses SSL3... which is bad.

Last edited:
Are you using Chrome? That may be the problem! :p

This is not a browser problem, and if you do not see an error message... I would NOT recommend online shopping from your unsecured/unsafe computer!

This is a website issue - the site must be properly secured, or it's time to hire knowledgeable webmaster, or find a different host.

as noted in the screen shots below - Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari ... all display the warning about the certificate mismatch.

chrome.jpg

firefox.jpg

ie.jpg

opera.jpg

safari.jpg

Last edited:
This is not a browser problem, and if you do not see an error message... I would NOT recommend online shopping from your unsecured/unsafe computer!

This is a website issue - the site must be properly secured, or it's time to hire knowledgeable webmaster, or find a different host.

as noted in the screen shots below - Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari ... all display the warning about the certificate mismatch.

Well, if you don't feel secure with an online order, you can always leave your credit card number on the answering machine... Sounds legit. :eyeroll:

I don't mean to disparage the vendor, who I am sure IS legit, but this stuff raises serious red flags and should be dealt with. I'd never place an order with an unauthenticated site, and I'd never leave my card number on an answering machine. That's crazy.

+1 to all of the above. Love the products, but I won't order from the site until this is corrected. Getting a proper certificate is fairly straightforward...

This is not a browser problem...as noted in the screen shots below - Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari ... all display the warning about the certificate mismatch.
Good analysis - glad you took the time to do that.

Just clicked on my link with Chrome, went right to the site. Navigating within the site seems quicker too. Also got it on Internet Explorer.
Ok, the site comes up, but you can't order anything yet.... Before, I couldn't get anything to come up. I still get the "unsafe" warning when I click on the webstore.
:(

Last edited:
Hah, yes Chrome is more picky than most browsers.

...OK, so I was just joking around with the Chrome thing... ;)

But back to the topic at hand, yes, the secure side of the website seems to have that security problem. I can access the site but not the webstore.

...OK, so I was just joking around with the Chrome thing... ;)

But back to the topic at hand, yes, the secure side of the website seems to have that security problem. I can access the site but not the webstore.

:) yup, site is up. Webstore was up but not secure as of last time I checked (2 minutes ago).

+1 to all of the above. Love the products, but I won't order from the site until this is corrected. Getting a proper certificate is fairly straightforward...

I'm lucky this thread came along when it did. I was going to order some Aero Pack stuff but I too am weary of ordering anything from anyone that may even remotely have an issue with security.
For now I've made do with some Estes and Rocketarium retainers.

Good luck with that Aero Pack.

No worries Top, you wouldn't be able to order anyway. Trust me, I tried.

Bummer.
I'de have ordered the Aero-Pack retainers from Apogee if they did'nt charge $9 to send them. As it was, I was able to get free shipping by adding the other brands of retainers in with my Amazon order for Makerbeam Rail.:)

No worries. I did what they said to do, send an email and call in the cc number.

Back