Having a Problem with AltOS...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAHagen

Reaction score
So after a launch I connected my telemetrum to download the flight data. When I got the files out, I tried to see if I could get the files to open when i double clicked them, so I messed around with the "open with" option. What I didn't notice is that each time I changed the program the file opened with, I changed all the other AltOS files as well. :pc: Now the program won't open from the application file. When I tried to open the file with Java it gave me this error code twice:
No AltOS library in "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;C:\windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;."

Any ideas how I can fix this? :confused:

Which version of AltosUI are you using? I've been hacking in this area and trying to make it work right, but windows is a harsh place to program.

Which version of AltosUI are you using? I've been hacking in this area and trying to make it work right, but windows is a harsh place to program.

I'm using version 1.6. I was using 1.5 when it stopped working. I did a full reinstall though and now it's 1.6.

First off, can you get AltosUI to start from the menu Start menu entry or the desktop icon?

Next, I've spent a few hours (ok, more than a few, but, this is windows) hacking up the way our application starts to create a 'stub' executable that tastes like a "real" windows program that then goes and runs the Java application. I'm wondering if this will help simplify the icon association stuff and fix your installation.

Here's a preliminary version of that; it "shouldn't" cause any problems, but I haven't done any serious testing with it, other than playing with Windows file manager to make sure it works for me.

https://keithp.com/~keithp/altos-1.6.1/

I've labeled it version 1.6.0.1 so that we can tell things apart -- in particular, the firmware images are completely untested and you should *not* load those on any actual hardware.

Thanks for testing; looks like that'll be in the next release :)

Back