Calling All AltAcc2c Experts Out There!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave A

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a M-powered Patriot. Done a lot of work and I want it to fully recover under all the chutes.

I plan to use an AltAcc for Backup, Drogue Only.
(I have 2 Altimeters and a WRC2 wireless for the Backup Main)

AltAcc2c Config.jpg

1) The connection table says to put a 10k resistor on MAIN, the charge on DROGUE.
But the Notes to right say: "Drogue connected to MAIN, fires at peak"
Does that make any sense?

OR

2) Don't worry about that,....just wire it normally and place a mini 12v lamp on the MAIN terminals.

What do you think?

The usual method is to wire the single apogee charge to main and nothing to the drogue output.

Wire it as the directions state and you will be fine: 10k across the main, apogee charge across the apogee connection. As for as "Drogue connected to main fires at apogee", what that means is; at apogee if the unit detects an open apogee circuit at apogee, the unit will fire the main--sort of a built in apogee back-up. The reason why I know this to be a fact: When I first started using an ALTAC unit, I also, on occasion, used a backup altimeter with the ALTAC, feeding one apogee ejection can/charge with both altimeter units apogee matches... I experienced nominal deployment sometimes and at other times, main deployment, shortly after apogee... It took me some time to figure out what was happening. Once I did and started using a separate can/ejection charge for each unit---never experienced the issue again... Bottom line; "wire the unit like Scott's directions indicate and you will be good to go... I also talked to Scott and he verified that is how it's supposed to work... See you at RG Dave...

Fred

Last edited:
Back