repairing 1950s wooden ship models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeltrains

Reaction score
Hey Y'all;
Forrest in Boonville, Missouri, here. Friend who owns itty bitty model railroad hobby shop in Arrow Rock, MO, was contacted somehow involving UPS about someone who could repair a couple ship models scratchbuilt in 1950s by a lady's father. One sailing ship, one passenger liner style ship.
I don't directly know anyone, but do know that folks here do things besides rockets and do know people.

Mike forwarded pics sent to him and the damage is not what I'd call drastic; but not merely cosmetic either. The liner has broken off the base pedestals, and lost lifeboats ans some fittings. Tall ship has some yard and mast breakage.
I'm on, well, was, on a couple ship model forums but haven't been active in so long now that I have zero idea what my log in info was. (same holds true for a few airplane and one train forum!)

what comes to mind is 'rcgroups/boats/scale' would be a place to start. when last I looked in they had a number of folks that would know where to find fittings etc. good luck.
Rex

Check with some Maritime art galleries. There are professional ship model builders out there. Quite a few.

Back