Thrustcurve.org export file question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopirV

Reaction score
Hi all- I did a search on this before posting, but I need some help. On Thrustcurve.org I've added my rockets, and get good results when I look at the web table of Motor Guide results. I've set up my profile the way most American's would, and enjoy the live results online. However, when I export to Excel, it defaults to the pesky metric units. I love metric system, but I don't think fully like that, despite being in the science field (I can do volume and temperature in metric no problem...but distance...um, no!). Am I missing a setting that lets the results export in the same format as displayed?
I know I can convert in Excel, and have done so, but it's a bit futsy if I have to do so for minor variations in profile.

Thanks!

Dave

If you see the results in Imperial units and the spreadsheet is in SI units, that sounds like a bug. (I would expect it to use the same units in both.)

English units suck. This is made clear in any undergraduate science or engineering curriculum. My employer made the switch 30 years ago, thankfully. In my rocketry hobby, I will use SI units for construction, but for some reason I am still stuck on ft for altitude. Must be the "mile" thing that sticks in my head for any long distance.

The worst offenders are those who mix units in the marketplace, like automobile tire sizes.

Back