Fine China

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballistic_trep

Reaction score
Although this isn't directly rocketry related, I'd like to share this "throwback Thursday" moment with the members of this great forum.

My mom bought this china cup and saucer way back in 1971 simply because even at such a young age, I was fascinated with the first Apollo landings. It was passed on to me when I reached adulthood. To me it's precious and priceless and will be passed on to one of my own children someday.
DSC02681.jpgDSC02680.jpgDSC02679.jpgDSC02682.jpg

But as we all know the Moon Landings were faked so this is obviously fake “Fine China” faked up to fake us into believing in the faked Moon landings.

Don’t be faked into believing any of this fake stuff. It’s probably not even fake “Fine China” but instead fake “Fine Bangladesh” or perhaps fake “Fine Pakistan” or some other less sizable but equally densely populated nation as China.

Now that that’s out of my system. . .

If you ever what to see some real foaming at the mouth collectors in action; go to a “Railroadiana” show and watch the bloodletting when somebody sets out a complete dinnerware set from some obscure dining car from some equally obscure 1930s passenger train.

And if it should happen to be a complete set from the 1940’s ATSF “Super Chief” the violence could rise to “Game of Thrones” (Think “Red Wedding”) levels.

Although this isn't directly rocketry related, I'd like to share this "throwback Thursday" moment with the members of this great forum.

My mom bought this china cup and saucer way back in 1971 simply because even at such a young age, I was fascinated with the first Apollo landings. It was passed on to me when I reached adulthood. To me it's precious and priceless and will be passed on to one of my own children someday.
View attachment 259183View attachment 259182View attachment 259181View attachment 259180

WOW - That is so Awesome! Hat's off to your Mom - what a great keepsake gift!! - Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Back