Eggfinder LCD receiver box...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taiwanluthiers

Reaction score
How does everyone here cut the necessary holes/slots to fit the LCD receiver to the box it came with? Are there any published schematic for this (where the hole goes, etc.) so I don't have to try to guess?

I have a dremel tool and a few 1/8" shanked end mills that I used for inlays. Has anyone used that to cut out the necessary holes?

The location of the hole is in the directions. I used a Dremel cutoff wheel.

Last edited:
The direction requires that you use the bare circuit board as a template... I got mine assembled from Connor.

I substituted a Hammond #1591XXSTBU translucent blue project box for the one that came in the kit.

I also mounted an on/off switch, and external buttons. There’s also a charging jack for the battery.

I used drills for all the openings – and used a a “nibbler” tool (got mine years ago at radio shack) to square up the LCD opening.

2015-03-25 16.34.15.jpg

nibbler.jpg

I cut all of the cases I assemble for people with a dremel cut off wheel. I don't use the RX as a guide I simply trace the LCD onto the top of the box and then drill the appropriate holes. it can basically go wherever you want it to go.

I built my case using a pre-assembled board from Connor. Measure twice and cut once. Or make a bezel to cover your mistakes.

I traced the LCD unit onto a pattern then taped it to the case / enclosure.
I screwed up the width of the opening but, it worked out for the most part.
lining up all the holes to drill is the most critical part.

JD

2014-12-29 20.52.17.jpg

Back