canadian dealers for RMS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingrocket

Reaction score
Am I missing something or is there actually only two dealers for motor reloads. I have seen allrockets.ca ,and coast rocketry. Sunward and heavenly hobbies appear to carry hardware but no re loads. CTI is a candadian company and im only able to find 1 dealer for their loads. How can that be??:surprised:

Ya allrockets has been great. I want to support them as much as possible. They dont cary any cti stuff though and I really want to get the pro 29 set. Only having one vendor to get the re loads from is a drag.

Ya allrockets has been great. I want to support them as much as possible. They dont cary any cti stuff though and I really want to get the pro 29 set. Only having one vendor to get the re loads from is a drag.

Why so? The prices are supposed to be the same from all dealers for Cti product.

I guess its more of a stocking issue. If you wanted something and they didnt have it, but since the mfg is here in canada I guess restocking would be pretty quick so really not a huge deal. Still I find it a bit odd that none of the other canadian retailers carry their stuff.

For CTI just buy them from Angelo at Sunward Hobbies, I purchased the 24mm-54mm CTI set from him and did not have to wait very long to get it, mind you I live close to where his retail store was and picked up there. He closed down his retail store but as far as I know that was just good business in and effort to save operating costs and he is still everything is running via the web, makes sense to me. I buy from both Pavel and Angelo, unless I am going to a US launch then I just pick it up at the launch or pre-order. I have also purchased hardware from Apogee in the past but I think you will find once you add shipping, etc. to it that both Pavel and Angelo will be better for you here in Canada.

Yes I ordered my set from sunward. I;m not in a big hurry for it. Do you get your cti reloads form coast rocketry? I dont see them on sunwards site.

Coast Rocketry is no longer selling motors. Sunward is the only Canadian CTI dealer I am aware of though there may be ones in eastern Canada I do not know about.

Thats too bad. If sunward stops selling them for some reason there will be a lot of useless hardware out there.

Great! I have been on sigma,s website. Its a bit hard to understand at first which is why I never found the cti stuff. I also dont know why when I do a google search for canadian rocket dealers heavenly hobbies is always one of the first results. I thought they were a canadian dealer but just realizing the aren,t. That explains why the shipping always came to so much lol. As long as there are a couple dealers of cti we should be ok.

I just spoke with Colin Dow of Sigma Rockets. He is still a CTI dealer but has not been busy with it since the NAPAS frequency of flying has lessened the last few years. Before Sunward he was our sole supplier for CTI. Colin is a good guy to deal with. His involvment with HPR has lessened due to low demand in Ontario lately and his focus is now rocketry for school education. He does not stock motors so in order to make it worth his time he likes to have a certain volume of orders to make a trip to CTI. I remember in the past we used to submit our club orders to him a good month before our launch date so he could have everything ready in one trip.

Glenn Iverson NAPAS

BTW I believe Sunward is still a CTI dealer even though the store is closed.

Hello everyone.

Yes, the retail store is closed, but Sunward continues.

We will continue to carry Sunward brand products, CTI, and ematches. CTI motors and ematches are shipped to Canada only.

As for pricing, CTI hardware is already discounted from MSRP. For Canadian customers I will need to raise prices as the dollar has gone down since the last time I updated them - about a 7% increase. So this a good time to get some hardware.

For the record, we use CTI published MSRP and prices are competitive with US dealers. Although CTI is a Canadian company, they do business in US dollars.

All CTI motors are picked up from CTI directly - 20 minute drive if no traffic or 2 hours if there is. This allows me to avoid shipping and hazmat fees for shipping to my location. They are currently not available for purchase directly online but that is on the list of things to do.

Now that the retail store is closed, we will be concentration more on rocketry.

Ok for Rocket motors we have 2 majors player in Canada, Angelo for CTI and Pavel for Aerotech, both guy are friendly to do business with and the service is top notch. Pavel keep Aerotech in stock and reorder 2 or 3 time a year, that means if your favourite reload is out of stock, you out of luck, so you have to plan in advance your season. With Angelo, as he said; he is at 20 minutes from CTI, that means his inventory is the CTI inventory, just give him a week to check with CTI and you will have your order, if CTI have stock. From my experience and many others, Angelo is very quick to respond to email, just ask him what you need and you will be setup in no time. Jeroen the CTI chemist is very resourceful on this forum too. CTI + Angelo = a winning combination.

Have a look to the Mid Power CTI sellection of motors ( E-F-G ) , the 24mm and low 29mm list is very impressive. For us Canadian, the F-240 is a hell of kick ass motors, it's sound like a motar. short loud burst.

Last edited:
Back