Organizing Stuff

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neilw

Simulates with KSP
Reaction score
Hullo,

right now, I'm starting to get a little (very) overworked. I currently have a full-time job (40 hrs per week) and I'm doing work for a University society which involves design work, team management, speaking at conferences and other events and communicating with outside companies (another 40-50 hrs a week). The full-time job organizes itself since everything is automatically put on Outlook, but not the other stuff.

My current method of organizing myself is writing stuff down in a little agenda. This hasn't been working very well, however. I find that there isn't any room for simultaneously allocating time, listing tasks with required hours and putting down meetings quickly.

As well, there is also the problem of being motivated enough to use it all the time. If its in my bag downstairs and I'm on my computer upstairs, I'll be too lazy to go get it.

Does anyone have anything that has worked really well for them?

Hullo,

right now, I'm starting to get a little (very) overworked. I currently have a full-time job (40 hrs per week) and I'm doing work for a University society which involves design work, team management, speaking at conferences and other events and communicating with outside companies (another 40-50 hrs a week). The full-time job organizes itself since everything is automatically put on Outlook, but not the other stuff.

My current method of organizing myself is writing stuff down in a little agenda. This hasn't been working very well, however. I find that there isn't any room for simultaneously allocating time, listing tasks with required hours and putting down meetings quickly.

As well, there is also the problem of being motivated enough to use it all the time. If its in my bag downstairs and I'm on my computer upstairs, I'll be too lazy to go get it.

Does anyone have anything that has worked really well for them?

One-Note and a smartphone works for me.

I use One-Note on the computer - the "notebook" file lives in Dropbox which makes the notes available on all my devices.

I use my camera phone to take pictures of things I want to remember later (also sync'd with Dropbox)

Back