Crayon bank rocket build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey John, nice video. As always you show a variety of great techniques.

Hi John,

First, I wanted to say that I find your videos very inspiring and informative... I've got a crayon that I might be converting to a rocket now, but it's not the same kind of construction as yours, so if/when I do build it, it'll be different.

One thing that I noticed was your .rkt? outline of the Crayon's nosecone, and I'd like a shot at modeling it. If you can give me the important dimensions, I'd really appreciate it.

12805365614_9dc75546f5_c.jpg

If you can also note the locations and thicknesses of the bands of color, I think I could make a really convincing rendering of your rocket. I'd need a very accurate drawing of the fins if you'd let me try. I'd need the drawing to be oriented so the root edge is down.

All the Best!
Jim

Last edited:
Jim check out my twin crayon build in MPR section the crayon bank OR basic file is just a stock crayon bank I measured with my dial calipers and a fairly accurate kitchen scale. Its one of the Fantasia brand ones from ToysRus. I might should have put it in the HPR category but they are mainly going to be flown with bigger G motors as long as they make the weight.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?123496-Crayon-Bank-Rocket-build-times-two

Last edited:
Here's a link to the RockSim file, although I didn't measure the dimensions as precisely as rharshberger did. Also, note that all corners are rounded over so you'll want to add fillets.

Crayon Bank.rkt

Last edited:
Back