Saber Rattling???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KidRockET

Epstein didn't kill himself
Reaction score
The Minuteman III missile was fitted with a “test re-entry vehicle” instead of a live thermonuclear warhead, and was test-launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base (AFB) in California at 03:36 local time (10:36 GMT), according to the Air Force statement.

"With these launches, we not only verify our processes and the ICBM (intercontinental ballistic missile) weapon system, we provide a visual to the world that the Minuteman III is capable of striking pretty much anywhere with extreme precision," said Lt. Col Tytonia Moore of the 90th Missile Wing, based out of the Francis E. Warren AFB in Wyoming, according to the statement.

The "Mighty Ninety" is one of the USAF’s three missile wing commands – the other two being the 91st at Minot AFB in North Dakota and the 341st at Malstrom AFB in Montana. There are roughly 450 ICBMs between the three.

[video=youtube;EZFnQEwxkeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZFnQEwxkeM[/video]

HT / Zerohedge

I like rattling my Sabre!!!
I'de better hope and pray that my country does too, especially when the entire world is our enemy now.:(

Sadly, we got nothin' on the Soviets anymore. They'de wipe us out in a heartbeat.
Heck, they come right out and say that they have Nuclear Assets ready to strike folks and actually threaten folks.
Thankfully I've been practicing my Russian.:)

Why not? At the moment the North Koreans, the Iranians, and the Russians are all making noises about nukes. It's a reminder to all of them (and anyone else) that even when we look like a fat bowl of jello, we still have a sting that shouldn't be taken lightly.

I like rattling my Sabre!!!
I'de better hope and pray that my country does too, especially when the entire world is our enemy now.:(

Sabers need to be rattled from time to time...

And we have always had enemies...

But, I fear we have become a Paper-Tiger...:facepalm:

Sabers need to be rattled from time to time...

And we have always had enemies...

But, I fear we have become a Paper-Tiger...:facepalm:

A Flash-Paper Tiger. Even Worse.
We have become weak. Not respected.

We should be flexing our Muscle like every other Nationalistic Organism, but sadly we seem to have become infected with some PC BS that has struck the Death Nell for Freedom.

This is what it feels like to Die.

Last edited:
These launches are routine testing of the entire weapon system, from command and control, crew procedures, maintenance, and the missile itself.

Suffice it to say, this missile test does show the world that we do possess the capability to reach out and touch bad guys.

I think back proudly to my time on alert in the 351st Missile Wing as a missile crew commander, evaluator, and flight commander.

Last edited:
Just bring it already!!!!
I have not fought in years and miss it.
I got Directected Energy Weapons covered.:)

Just bring it already!!!!
I have not fought in years and miss it.
I got Directected Energy Weapons covered.:)

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.

Thank you for your service USAF...

And yours as well Top...

I also served, 4 years in the USMC, 83-87...

Our enemies are both external and internal now...

I fear we are re-living the pitfalls of the Roman Empire...

History doesn't exactly repeat, but it does rhyme...

Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for ever' last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed. Now let's get this thing on the hump - we got some flyin' to do.

tumblr_min7s7wY2K1rqy2z0o1_400.gif

I respect and thank you for your service.

However, I also like TR's advice to speak softly and carry a big stick. While the Russians could wipe us out with the push of a button (hopefully a few at least), we can do likewise to them. MAD has kept us from using nukes for nearly 70 years. I'm not sure that having "only" enough bombs to destroy the planet once over is that much less deterrent than being able to do it five times. We have lots of other big sticks and wave them on a regular basis. We have a military more capable than the next several contenders combined. We may not have millions of men under arms, but we have better technology than any other.

I don't think I can go any further without breaking bounds of political discussion, if I haven't already.

These launches are routine testing of the entire weapon system, from command and control, crew procedures, maintenance, and the missile itself.

Suffice it to say, this missile test does show the world that we do possess the capability to reach out and touch bad guys.

I think back proudly to my time on alert in the 351st Missile Wing as a missile crew commander, evaluator, and flight commander.

The Navy does a few flight tests of Tridents each year for exactly the same reasons. It tests the system end-to-as-close-to-the-end as you can reasonably get without lighting off a nuke. The don't have the deterrent value against non-state actors that we wished they would have, but if you don't demonstrate them periodically you might miss an aging problem that simulations can't predict and those who would be deterred might think you can't do it any more.

I don't think I can go any further without breaking bounds of political discussion, if I haven't already.

If you take politics out of history, all you have left is architecture and antiques. Politics is all about the definition of social priorities and the division of labor. Without those, we'd be talking about sticks and rocks instead of rockets.

I do not see a violation, but give it time.

I'll take that as permission to go one step further out on the limb. Again, the below are my opinions, and there's no real reason why I'm more right than anyone else. After all, I'm just Some Dude on the Internet.

Iran worries me less than either Pakistan or North Korea. Why? North Korea is run by a dictator with a god complex. When NK comes apart, it's going to be bad. Current experience shows a desire for one-up-manship and deliberate provocation when there are internal issues. Also, those who lose internal struggles tend to end up executed. If someone takes a step too far maintaining their position in a crisis, it can go bad very quickly. I worry that NK is just crazy enough to launch a nuke. The only good thing for the US is that they don't have a missile that can reach the continental US.

Pakistan is somewhat better than NK IMHO, but still has a branch of government (intelligence services) that supports the Taliban. Anywhere you have intelligence services acting in opposition to the military, I get concerned. This is especially true when they have a history of getting into wars with their neighbors who also have nukes.

On the other hand, Iran is a relatively stable country. Don't get me wrong, they do a lot of things I don't like, and I would dearly love to see a real democratic government there as opposed to an elected government that is overseen by the religious authorities. On the other hand, they have peaceful transitions of power between opponents, and the potentially rogue elements like the Republican Guard are currently spending a lot of time enriching themselves with state-sponsored enterprises. Again, not a good thing, but they have a comfortable living under the status quo. People with comfortable livings and a stable future of that ahead of them tend to be less likely to want to upset the apple cart. Iran does support Hezbollah and Hamas, but they also know that the instant a nuke goes off in Israel or Iraq (or the US for that matter), counterstrikes will be launched against Iran, regardless of whether Iran was responsible or not. Anyone in power will be removed and likely killed in the crossfire. They have a lot to lose and they know it. There are also some interesting religious differences between Sunni and Shi'a, but I'm sure that will get this thread deep-sixed. PM me if you want that paragraph.

So long story short, in North Korea, you might well have a person with nothing to lose having a finger on the button. You don't have that in Iran.

Again, I hope this isn't too far out on the branch.

Animals could be bred and slaughtered.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is is the War Room!

Now listen hear, Colonel Bat Guano, if that is your real name.

And, of course, it all comes down to Purity of Essence.

Dr. Strangelove. One of the greatest black comedy, satire, whatever type films ever made.

Slim Pickens thought it was a drama when he read for it....

Starting at the 6 second point, check out the two RV impacts, the first not shown (but its water plume persists). The impacts were just a tad bit closer together than the rated CEP, I'd say...

[video=youtube;o8n59S8j2C0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8n59S8j2C0[/video]

[video=youtube;VEB-OoUrNuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEB-OoUrNuk[/video]

[video=youtube;J67wKhddWu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67wKhddWu4[/video]

[video=youtube;mzddAYYDZkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzddAYYDZkk[/video]

Dr. Strangelove was pretty Kool commedy for it's day, with the realization what was at hand for the people.
There is only for sure thing in life, and that is you will die. It's not knowing when or how that is wondersome.
The world is drastically over populated, one of the reasons there is so much dispute in the world.
Along with too much world travel and migrating with mixing of cultures and beliefs.
Personally, I don't fear death. I patiently wait for it. Life is short, the eternal soal that can freely roam the Universe once released from human prison.

Back