What size screw/screw head fits into a Makerbeam slot?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look Top:
Just because you can't make micro-buttons work doesn't mean they are garbage. While they were a first run and did have a minor issue they are easily and completely adjustable with nothing more the an X-Acto knife and a small needle file. Completely freeing the buttons to near frictionless sliding.
If you don't like them don't bother using them but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop bad mouthing the manufacturer, who makes stuff for all of us.
If you think making carbon fiber launch rods is a good Idea...it's not. CF Shreads over time giving off shards that are dangerous to people and other living things.
Making fiberglass rail buttons or H-beams to fit makerbeam rails might be something worth looking at. That said there are already a number of Plastruct H and I styrene beams that have been working just fine as Launch lugs on scale models in NAR competition for DECADES. I never really looked at "Rail Buttons" as they were always obtrusive, big nasty looking things compared to a couple small H beam Lugs or circular .022" Stainless Wire "Antenna Lugs" on scale models.
I really think we've beat the dead horse way more then needs to be.

+1.

Back