My Gemini tribute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Zooch

Reaction score
50 years ago today Gemini 3 launched- I was in the second grade as we watched the launch on a TV at Nelle Haley Elem. school. Just over 7 years later I was on a Gemini kick and I built a rocket that I called Echo. It carried a two ant crew and did four flight in the summer of 1972. More than 3 decades later I had my own rocket company and, again, on a Gemini kick I decided to pay tribute to the program and produced the Mark II.

Happy 50th anniversary Gemini!00stack.jpg

Of course my personal Mark II has to carry a two ant crew in their F4-B ant space suits
2015_03230003.jpg
2015_03230002.jpg

the Mark II also has a payload bay.....we can launch a miniature corned beef sandwich in honor of Gus and John!

True, but I used an Altimeter Two instead of a sandwich. Although what the ants brought along in their suits is too small for me to see.

I love Corned Beef...On whole wheat, yellow mustard on both pieces of bread, plenty of lettuce, sliced cheese, dill pickle slices and a tad bit of slice olives.

History of NASA is one of the best things in life if you grew up in the era. The shuttle has nothing on the Saturn V Power House! Considering the Tech of the day.

a Mark II is on my list to add to my fleet, nice kits, Dr. Z!

This July will be the 40th anniversary for ASTP, good time to start building a Dr. Zooch Soyuz and Saturn 1B to reenact/commemorate those launches.

Glenn....the Zooch Soyuz and Saturn 1b are great kits! His Saturn 1b is my favorite kit of all time, plastic or rocket....its just a really neat kit and a lot of fun to build. Both fly great! Here are my Zooch Soyuz and Saturn 1b:

000_1227a.jpg

a Mark II is on my list to add to my fleet, nice kits, Dr. Z!

This July will be the 40th anniversary for ASTP, good time to start building a Dr. Zooch Soyuz and Saturn 1B to reenact/commemorate those launches.

That what I'm talking about! Very nice job, great kits! I hope I can build them that nicely.

ASTP-patch.png

Latest posts

Back