1/4 Scale Patriot (4" Madcow)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimus

Reaction score
Thought I'd show off a little to the scale guys that lurk here. Here are pictures of my 4" Madcow Patriot. Nosecone is painted in Duplicolor white primer, body in red oxide. Decals were done by Stickershock. I'm going to try to have the whole thing cleared in automotive satin clear, to help protect the primer and decals.

Wow, looks great. Mark is an artist with cut vinyl. I have found satin finishes to look perfect on large, scale projects. Very few actual rockets have a high gloss finish.

I got the Patriot back from the clear-coater's yesterday. Here's a pic of the whole thing:

Fin can detail:

Warhead detail:

And "painted" stencil. When Mark at Stickershock made the decal, he used a font that has a little edge bleed to it. Makes it look as though it was actually painted with a stencil.

Without electronics and any possible noseweight to balance out the motor, the thing weighs in right at 90 ounces. More than double what Madcow advertises, but I imagine their weight is an empty airframe.

Back