Odd Red Decal Sheet: Source?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk G

Reaction score
Hey guys, as I am trying to locate and apply the final decals for my Loadstar II rocket, I have come up with not one, but TWO sheets of red decals that are about the same size.
Now, I am quite certain that the kit came with only one set, and I can probably figure out which of these two was supplied... but I am left with a mystery.
Page of Red Decals0003.jpg
I don't know where the other red sheet is from. It would appear to be a sheet of NAR logos, but I don't know how I got them.
The reverse side of the sheet has a single line of rubber stamp words that say, "Compliments of Narts" But I don't know what that means.
Red Decals0002.jpg
Anyone recognize these or where they would have come from?

Second, is there any restriction about using the NAR logo on a rocket...any specifications, or other reasons why you should or would or wouldn't do that?

I put them on whatever you want, member or no. It's advertising, they just want to get the word out anyway they can and stickers (or decals) are for sure a way to do that among kids.

It would, of course, be up to whoever to explain why they have a decal and isn't a member but I wouldn't think there'd be any problems with using them.

The NAR sticker sheet is the one that NARTS sells. Unless you got them as a freebie or a prize at a major launch or something, I can't say how you came about them.

"NARTS" in all caps is an acronym for NAR Technical Services. But you said the stamp says "Compliments of Narts." That means you were visited by Narts! The rocketry elf who brings presents to good little rocketeers! Leave a B6-4 under your pillow tonight and a bowl of dog barf next to your bed, and maybe he'll come back!

Back