starting to have a problem...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcidPaintball

Reaction score
WP_20150321_18_57_01_Pro.jpg

I picked up a bunch of rockets for this coming year...
is there a group meeting about this problem?

Wait until you have a pile of HP rockets like the low power kits you have. Its only just begun. We will pray for you.

What problem? There is only a few rockets there.

Wait until the pile grows by at least 10 fold - then start thinking about meetings.....

These are just the kits and a few work in progress.

I picked up tlp kits to help learn some skills to move away from kits and start doing scratch builds.

YOUR AT THE MEETING :wink: its right here.
This is the rocketry enablers group

Hi my name is Joe,

I got two StratoLoggerCF Altimeters and a Flying Phantom 54 Kit this week.

I assume the problem is you can't find glue or paint. What other problem could you have?

Hey, man... You're fine. You don't have a problem, and don't let anyone tell you any different. You can handle it. That's what makes you different from losers who can't. You should get a few more rockets. I've got a few kits you might be interested in buying. And if you need more, I can hook you up.

I don't even pretend to call it "the build pile" anymore.... it's now just known as "the collection".

Jerome

I can see the problem, that's a lot of spirals to fill. I have given that up, it's a lot easier just to paint them. The only people I see with a problem is for those who accumulate huge piles of kits and never build them.

Seriously, man. I have some kits that will BLOW YOUR MIND! These aren't the kinds of kits you can get just anywhere.

*looks around to make sure no one is looking*
Whatcha gotz man? Hopefully some thing that will take the edge off!
Lol

Seriously, man. I have some kits that will BLOW YOUR MIND! These aren't the kinds of kits you can get just anywhere.

You have my complete attention. I am in the acceptance stage of rocketry. If you have stuff to sell, it is very likely that I will find something to buy!

Cheers,
Michael

My problem is small compared to yours. Only six rockets in build pile here. Mikey wants to have a big problem like you! 😄

Mike

Build the Tan Sam first! It's an awesome flyer!

That is what got me hooked to the TLP kits. There are a few I still NEED to pickup, but i hate to pay MSRP from their site.

One that i am really itching to put together is the Cluster Duck. It is the one in the white box. I seen that a few years ago on Apogee's site and finally broke down and picked it up for my birthday. But first thing is first, finish all unfinished rockets. I have 5 waiting in paint stage and due to weather i havent been able to.

If you believe that you have too many rockets - or if some civilian says you do - keep this in mind and share it if necessary: this is a hobby where the hobbyist has no direct control of his creation once it is put into motion. Yes, we can build well, wait for good wind conditions, find a huge field and whatnot, but in the end we still may loose our craft. And so it is always good to stock up in case the herd is thinned. Works for me.

Back