Estes Model Rocket News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCooke123

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a complete or near complete list of all the Estes MRN issues sent out over the years? I have a lot of them and realize they were sporatic at times. It seems I have a huge hole from 1976-1983. Were they not published then or just that hard to find. Anyone have volume 1 # 1?I am missing that one (or at least a copy?).
Thanks!!!!

Let us know what you find. I'm also desperately seeking the entire collection either in print or a copy.

I sent an email to Estes - hopefully someone there can give me some info or direct me to someone who knows. If I find out anything I'll pass it on. I have 62 issues from1962 thru 1997.

I got a response from Estes:

Model Rocket News continued to be published until sometime in 1990s.

It was sometimes published inside seasonal sales catalogs in small 5 ½” x 8 ½” format. And the name was lengthened a bit during that time to Model Rocket News Magazine.

I have printed copies of most of the MRNs. Unfortunately we do not have electronic versions or PDFs of the MRNs at this time.

That is something I would like to scan and have put on the Estes web site.

At this time, we have nearly all Estes catalogs if you’d like to see those.

Visit www.estesrockets.com and click on catalog. There you can view pdfs back to the catalog that Gleda Estes stitched together on her sewing machine.

Kind Regards,

Mary Roberts

Previous Assistant Editor, MRN

(Vern Estes was listed as the Editor J )

Estes

I guess they were hit or miss during the mid 70's to mid 80's. Hopefully at some point they will get their copies scanned and put on their website.
Steve

Last edited:
The main copy I would like is V1#1- either original or photocopy would work for me. I will try to get up a list of what I have so anyone out there will at least have info on what is available for sure.

I just found 3 more MRN issues - have 65 total now. If anyone is interested I will list the ones I have as of now.

An index and an organized PDF repo would be really great. I have some number of them, maybe 15-20 issues but I didn't know there were actually that many. I do recall them being pretty sporadic. I doubt that I have V1#1 though.

I'd like to augment my collection. Let me know what you have and I'll compare notes.

Back