Gus & Wildman (cars)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Camaro's, hmmm... I think I'd opt for this one...
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1426945491.026546.jpg
BTW, I did just buy my first GM car in 30 years (not the one above)--I hope I'm not disappointed. At 24 I swore I'd never buy one again :{

BTW, I did just buy my first GM car in 30 years (not the one above)--I hope I'm not disappointed. At 24 I swore I'd never buy one again :{

Wow,,
That's funny you say that...
Me too...
But I was a Ford man years ago...
20 years ago fit and finish,, reliability,, longevity and overall quality just wasn't there...
I think that GM seems to be doing fantastic these days,, so is Ford for that matter,, much better then years ago,, their doing really well with reliability,,
and no matter what type of vehicle you're looking for GM seem's to have something in that genre super cool and very competitively priced...

So after many years I gave them another shot.....

I don't think I'll be disappointed.........

Fingers crossed.....lol.....

Teddy

I'm a American muscle car fan, a rocket stoplight to stoplight, not so much worried about top end because you'll never use it in America.
After several Mustangs, I left Ford in the early 90's when they came out with that GT with the early 4.6 motor. It was the one with the curved dashboard. It just wouldn't go.
My current toy is a Pontiac Trans Am, 2002 Ram Air with T tops and all the bells and whistles. Went from the showroom to my favorite performance shop for some upgrades
Not sure when this one gets replaced as I don't have even 30k on it

I'm a American muscle car fan, a rocket stoplight to stoplight, not so much worried about top end because you'll never use it in America.

You need to study the speed trap areas of your local highways better :)

I poop on GM. I am a ford guy. I would never buy a ford car, but a Ford truck is another story. The Ford truck is one of the best vehicles you can buy!!
Dodge is great to!! I would never on this Earth buy a dodge car, but a RAM truck is a different story!!!! Love the RAM.
Trucks are in a league of there own. Trucks serve a purpose. Cruising around, off/roading, hauling/towing, camping, ect. A car just gets you from point A to point B. You can't haul or towing anything with a car. Spending 40K on a car is stupid, now 40K is totally acceptable for a truck. Truck owners are just a different type of people.

And trying to make a truck drive and be as comfortable as a car takes away the reason for owning a truck. I own both a 2004 F-250 XLT crew cab for hauling a goose neck trailer and the family camping, and 2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Highrider (ZR2). Love em both but the carpet floors suck. My personal opinions of Dodge products is they look good on the outside, but are cheaply built and have a high built in failure rate on parts, this is after my family owning 6 ( 3 mini vans, 1 Durango slt, 2 Ram pickups) in the last 10 years. Im neither a Ford nor Chevy man but I like both of those brands, as the 4 trucks ive own from both manufacturers have been as reliable as any other brand, and they are usually simple repairs, not the blasted electrical and computer issues ive encountered with Dodge. We replaced one Body control module ( computer) on the durango and a pickup, and a ecm on the current Chrysler Town&country minivan we own, plus I am constantly having to repair the wiring for the power sliding doors. Honestly my favorite brands of trucks are Kenworth and Peterbilt, but I slso spend 10 hours every day in those.

Last edited:
Back