Rocketry Warehouse Hump Day Happy Hour Sale Tonight ! 3/18/15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My strategy is this:
Wednesday morning I will remove myself to the center of a large wilderness with no cell reception, and break my leg so I can't get back to a cell tower .

can we talk about how useless the RW renderings are?

More photos with chicks plz

rocket.png

Done.

Does anyone have a rocksim file for either of these kits? The devil on my shoulder thinks it might be fun to see what either of them can do.

Fin thickness and shape I believe are the difference.

I agree about the images- I think they are lacking. Black carbon fiber against a dark grey background is not good.

I have to bow out on the Mongoose. The wife said no. It may have been a little more blunt than that but you get the point.

I just ran a few simulations by just scaling up my rocksim file for the 54 mm Mongoose. I think they are conservative because it appears that the 4" model is disproportionately shorter. That said, the 98 mm Mongoose should easily break 40k ft on an N. Pretty tempting. If only I had a someplace nearby to launch something like that.

I just ran a few simulations by just scaling up my rocksim file for the 54 mm Mongoose. I think they are conservative because it appears that the 4" model is disproportionately shorter. That said, the 98 mm Mongoose should easily break 40k ft on an N. Pretty tempting. If only I had a someplace nearby to launch something like that.

So you arrange to give a talk at UNLV around the time of BALLS, or Wichita State around Airfest. Check a bag with a rocket and motor case, experience a "delayed flight", pick up the reload on site, and there you go...a successful scientific lecture trip.

So you arrange to give a talk at UNLV around the time of BALLS, or Wichita State around Airfest. Check a bag with a rocket and motor case, experience a "delayed flight", pick up the reload on site, and there you go...a successful scientific lecture trip.

Damn. That's good. How had my devious mind not come up with that yet?

What's the difference between the Aerobee-Hi and the 150a?

Aerobee-Hi (3 fins), Aerobee 150a (4 fins). Fins on the "Hi" are like barn doors. They are B I G! Not sure of other differences...

I fly my Aerobee-Hi on a 38mm CTI I55 (mellow) and it does great. I wish the I55 had a longer than 9 sec delay though. She activates while still climbing but not so hard as to zipper or the like.

Last edited:
I love my Madcow Aerobee-Hi! It is a great L1 rocket, straight and true flier and an easy build.

Anyone built a booster stage for one of these kits? Would love to see pics of such an effort. I may try and snag one of these tomorrow.

Back