Rocketry Warehouse Hump Day Happy Hour Sale Tonight ! 3/18/15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketrywarehouse

Reaction score
Tonight's Sale will be another new kit at a great price.
The kit is called Flying Phantom 54 it is a thin wall dual deploy kit weighting in at a little over a pound.
https://rocketrywarehouse.com/product_info.php?products_id=1213

Please come check out the great deal and check out some of our other new products, lots more to be added in coming days.
www.rocketrywarehouse.com

Remember the sale starts at 7 PM EST and runs until inventory is gone or Midnight (whichever comes first)

Thank You
Sales Dept
phantom-md.jpg

I really like it, but I've got two new light weight 54mm rockets from black friday I haven't flown yet, one in 29 and one in 38. nice looking kit for sure! should be a great flyer on cheap 29mm G and H loads and freakin rip on bigger 38's!

Just ordered the 38mm version in Purple. Love the $4.99 flat rate shipping option.

I might already have a couple 54mm DD rockets, but I could not pass this one up--got 38mm MMT as well. Love the purple/green colors, fin shape and conical nosecone. Being as light as it is, it's more of a lighter-weight flyer than my Lil'Dog DD. Darn you RW with these good deals!!

My OpenRocket really doesn't seem to like something about the .rkt files for this kit on the site (I tried both the 29mm and 38mm files). First off it says 48 oz which is more than a little over a pound, and starts out (no motor) with a stability of -0.718 cal (the Cg @ 36 in is behind the Cp @ 34.365 in). Both the weight and Cg are set as top-level overrides, so I guess either OR imported this data wrong or it's computing a very different Cp than RockSim does (assuming this design shows as stable in RockSim). I also noticed that the sim'ed altitudes were really low, but I see it was due to the instability, once I edited the overrides to move the Cg 7" forward an I280DM went from 600' to 6000'. :)

Yes the new colors will be available soon in the thin wall tubing.

As far as the RockSIM files, they are more of a starting point or guide line for dimensions.
You are encouraged to weigh each part and do the override and then once customized with chutes etc, load motors and sim the altitudes.

Thank You
Sales Dept

Picked up another great hump day kit. The new color tubing is fantastic, way to go to revolutionize the hobby so you don't have to paint It's great to see a rocket vendor look forward and come up with new ideas in materials and products.

Sorry I missed this sale, as I would have snatched one up. Looks like regular price is $99.99. Anyone want to share what the sale price was?

[video=youtube;LuAj65I49W0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuAj65I49W0[/video]

Last edited:
Well I'm finally getting around too working on my FLYING PHANTOM
Anybody have pictures they want to share, tips, tricks, short cuts ?
Though I don't remember, was there a cherry option for BT color?
It seems that it's not as purple any more?? WUWT???

flyingphantom.JPG

here she is with a few other ones collecting dust in various stages of completion:facepalm:

Its nice too see MADCOW has brought back the hump day sales.

Anyone build a FLYING PHANTOM or am I the only one that bought one?
I see it didn't carry over to MC, though the Scarab 54 Kit is very close to the same thing only 8" shorter.

someone have a rocsim file for either?

Anyone build a FLYING PHANTOM or am I the only one that bought one?
I see it didn't carry over to MC, though the Scarab 54 Kit is very close to the same thing only 8" shorter.

someone have a rocsim file for either?

The wife had to have the FP because of the purple tubing, but I do like the design. She only has the motor mount done so far.
My daughter has the Scarab 54, but she hasn't started it yet. Her build pile is larger than mine. :(

Below are the rocksim files I have for each. I haven't worked with them yet so YMMV...

View attachment scarab54-38.rkt

View attachment flying-phantom54-38.rkt

Mike thanks a lot this is going to come in handy.
I'm lucky my wife wants nothing to do with rocketry, so she doesn't know what it costs. :eek:

Ummmm, that's not exactly correct. See, I build, and fly on occasion. But where I spend the real money (when I have it) is in collecting for me and my 2 son's.
I got 6 large boxes of old rockets that are probably worth about $1500 on a good day on Ebay. None of them will ever be built or flown I doubt.
At least not by me or my son's, as they said when I'm gone they are just going to sell them. Gotta leave em somthin.

Rocketry can be quite an inexpensive hobby if you don't ever actually build or launch any rockets.

Ummmm, that's not exactly correct. See, I build, and fly on occasion. But where I spend the real money (when I have it) is in collecting for me and my 2 son's.
I got 6 large boxes of old rockets that are probably worth about $1500 on a good day on Ebay. None of them will ever be built or flown I doubt.
At least not by me or my son's, as they said when I'm gone they are just going to sell them. Gotta leave em somthin.

Live and learn! I have updated my humorous quip accordingly!

(Could probably also add "or travel to any launches" and probably a few other things as well...)

Does anyone know if there will be a Hump Day sale tonight, and if so, what the sale is?

MadCow has been sending me emails with Hump Day specials lately. They don't necessarily show up on Wednesdays though.

MadCow has been sending me emails with Hump Day specials lately. They don't necessarily show up on Wednesdays though.

I've been on the email list for quite some time, and I've never gotten an email from them. My dad does, but I don't.

No new kits on the HD special so i suspect you are right. No special this week.

My deepest Madcow dream is that they bring back the RW CF Mongoose 75, and put it on HDHH special. I get excited every time I get an email from them, but alas none this week.

Back